The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Bicycle Basket Planter. . .

Come gaze with me
upon one of the themed Gardens On Crooked Creek!
"Mr. Ed" and I, affectionately, named this Garden. . .
The Children's Garden!



For our children have filled this Garden
with petite Tea Garden Rose Bushes 
as my Mother's Day gifts throughout the years.



This petite Red Tea Rose. . . 



and this petite Pink Tea Rose
came in a double white wrought iron planter
three years ago for Mother's Day.



Two years ago, 
I received this miniature Pink Knock Out Rose 
in a beautiful shade of bright pink!




Then, last year 
as our children arrived with yet another Double Knock Out Rose,
I had to confess that I had little room left 
for rose bushes in the Garden.



So~o~o. . .
this year, I decided to fill our son's bicycle basket 
with a variety of subtle hued plants, 
thus the Bicycle Basket Planter!




Each morning, as I gaze out our Northernmost window,
this is my view of the Children's Garden!

After two years of dry, arid, drought conditions 
here On Crooked Creek, I have been craving the color green!
Filling the empty bicycle basket with plants
is another way to bring more subtle color into our Gardens.


"Mr. Ed", the Master Gardener, and I 
first lined the basket with a Coco Liner.




The only rectangular liner we could find was 30 inches long!



So~o~o. . .we cut it in half!!!


Once we had the desired size,
we moved the basket to the ground for filling with plants.



I chose a purple hued Callie Calibrachoa
with bold, colorful blooms all season long
that thrives in summer sun and heat.

Then, we tucked in Creeping Jenny 
a low growing spreader idea for mixed baskets and planters
on either side of the trailing petunia.




Now, when I gaze at The Children's Garden,
this is the view I'll be enjoying from my Northernmost window!!!



All of The Children's Gardens rose bushes 
are filled with buds waiting to blossom 
with a profusion of fuchsias, pinks, and reds!

A simple, low~budget change
that makes a splendid array of color. . .On Crooked Creek!!!

From a child's bicycle with an empty basket ~





to ~



a bicycle basket planter!!!


Until next time. . .


* * * * * * * FYI * * * * * * *
If you don't hear from me for a few days,
I just wanted my faithful followers to know that
"Mr. Ed" and I will be taking a Road Trip!
I promise to visit just as soon as we return!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.betweennapsontheporch.net

                              
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations
for use in your own home décor!


No comments: