The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Tea With A View. . .

Oh! 
Dear Ones,
I'm so~o~o excited and filled with anticipation!!!



My friend is coming to help me 
with my out~of ~door garden view.



So~o~o. . .
I've prepared a Tea for Two. . . with a view!!!



Those who know me. . .
know I am NOT an out~of~doors person.
Spring and Fall, I do enjoy mornings and evenings on the deck.



While we were taking our
Progressive Christmas~Brunch Home Tour (here),
I was so impressed with the back deck at my friend's home.
I visited with her a few weeks ago 
seeking her help with my back deck that views our garden
and she agreed to come for a consultation!



My Pink Depression Buttons and Bows Collection  
was the inspiration for this consultation tea!
(You can read more about my collection in my post Cream Or Sugar? here)

* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *
Tea With A View:
Instead of making a selection from my usual place mat collection,
I chose a natural hued linen ruffled runner 
atop a vintage linen cloth.



A large glass cylinder hurricane 
placed inside a soft floral wreath
serves as my centerpiece. 



Inserted into the base of the hurricane is the top of a jar candle. 
It makes the most perfect riser!




A creamy ivory candle 
compliments the color palette of this tablescape.




The addition of dried split green peas
and wrought iron dragon flies (a.k.a. actually napkin rings)
enhances the garden decor.


Next, comes the choice of dinnerware,
flatware and stemware!



To keep a feminine touch to this tablescape,
I chose my everyday sage green dinner plates as chargers.
Vintage cream ware is topped with my  
Wiuterling Rusiau Bavaria Qualitats~Purzeuan
European dessert/ salad plate and a heirloom 
Green Depression Swirl Glass dessert / salad plate
and sherbet bowl. Heirloom silver single rose flatware
adds a harmonious flair to this feminine setting.





I adore the warm brown of these cloth napkins from Great Finds.
Soft pink and deep rose raspberries and roses amidst sage green leaves are gently pulled through wooden napkin rings.



Rose etched vintage stemware and a matching cup and saucer 
complete the place settings for tea.



This sweet Pink Depression Glass plate and bowl
will  be filled with a variety of crackers for my friend's visit.





* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here's what's On The Menu for our Tea With A View:

Recipes will be included
@ Stone Gable's  On The Menu


Tea for Two

Spring Green Salad
with
Lemon Thyme Dressing

Raspberry Clafoutis
Raspberry Tea




While I pour another 'cup of tea' for my friend and I
as we finalize plans for changes to the back deck
On Crooked Creek, we encourage you, too, to 
linger awhile longer at our Tea With A View!!!














From my friend and I. . .



                                                                                             to all of you!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Dear Ones,
I am so~o~o blessed!!!
My dear friend helped me re~arrange and place
the decor for our back deck On Crooked Creek
during our Tea With  A View! 
Photos are forthcoming!!!
Many, many thanks, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Until next time. . .

On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.stonegable.blogspot.com
Yvonne @ StoneGable for
On The Menu Monday!

And. . .

ww.stonegable.blogspot.com
also for Tutorials Tips and Tidbits!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations!

11 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Gorgeous....I love the use of the dragonflies for center decor...thank you for sharing your lovely table!

Amy Kinser said...

Your tea time looks delightful, Pat. I can't wait to see what you do with your deck. I know it will be beautiful and very well thought out.

podso said...

Looking forward to seeing your new view. Love the concept of a "consultation tea." I have that exact pink depression small bowl that you show towards the end! I have many pieces of my grandmother's. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Dewena said...

A beautiful table and I loved going back to the progressive dinner house tour. Made me in the mood for Christmas again!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh it is so pretty - what a lovely tea setting. I love all the dishes.

Marigene said...

What a pretty tea table...love the napkins.
Hope you will be sharing whatever you decide to do with your deck!
Have a great weekend, Pat.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How fun to have a little help! I would love to sit with you and take in the view. I am loving your buttons and bow depression ware..have never seen it before?

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

What a lovely table you set. Everything is perfect and I;m sure your friend was very impressed.
Hope she helped you with your porch.
Have a great weekend.
Mary

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Very lovely your table is! I love your pretty pink depression glass, along with such gorgeous china! How fun to work with a friend..hope she helps you out with your porch. Enjoy the wknd.
FABBY

NanaDiana said...

Pat-What fun- I'll bet she was just thrilled to be treated so specially at your table. It looks great. I can't wait to see what you did with your back porch. What fun to have someone come in and give you some ideas. Maybe you will want to spend more time out there now! xo Diana

Martha said...

A lovely table. Love the napkin rings as decor -- those fireflies are perfect! Hopefully, we'll see some "after" pictures?