The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sky. . .

Kansas skies, 
On Crooked Creek, are the bluest during the Summer months!



As a child, 
I remember lying on my back upon the warm ground
and watching the clouds softly floating overhead.



The hopeless romantic in me
would envision a dragonslayer drawing his sword
as he saved his Princess from what might have been a fiery fate.



Othertimes, 
I would float softly along with the calm winds
and find myself on a butterfly winged boat 
similar to that in the film, Puff The Magic Dragon.


As I grow older here on the Prairie,
I watch the Kansas skies,
for warning signs of our ever changing weather.



These photos were taken prior to my first blog post, July 2010!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek will be joining 

www.dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com
for Thursday's Inspirations!

Be sure to visit
for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations!


12 comments:

Ann said...

Our Kansas sky warned us of thunders storms here last night and lots of rain today. It's going to help my flowers begin their spring journey.
Ann

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I so love Sunflowers, they are so beautiful. This looks amazing. Hugs, Marty

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh!..such beautiful sunflower, I so love them, they're very cheerful, for any season! I think maybe I'll buy some next time for my home. This looks awesome! Thank you for sharing and for your sweet and kind visit, lovely lady. Big hugs,
FABBY

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Beautiful,but I want to hear about your diary entries about Mr. Ed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! What lovely sky snaps you have! :) Oh, I used to do the same thing - still love to look at the clouds. But I don't want to lie on the ground anymore - too many critters! :) Thank you for your prayers for my mother and your kindness, sweet friend.
blessings,
Shelia ;)

Gina said...

Beautiful blue skies (and sunflowers too)! Right now our sky is a gray/white, so thank you for posting these photos. Just what I needed this morning!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

There's always sky of some sort at the top of a tall sunflower, isn't there? It's a beauty.

Pondside said...

I've never been to Kansas, but I know you must have beautiful skies, from pictures here and elsewhere. We once lived in Oklahoma, and I know the anxiety of looking up at a darkening and lowering sky!

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers and skies! I do love the romantic aspect of the clouds and sky.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh you took the best photos then, too- your sunflower makes me dream of long warm sunny summer days......

It's chilly wet and grey still here, bleck - I love your husband's planting! Glad you saved from the ice!

Thanks for your visit, and have a truly wonderful weekend!!

Clara said...

Beautiful sunflowers reaching up to those gorgeous blue skies.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I love these images. So whimsical yet profound. Sunflowers are just the most cheerful flowers.