The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bread. . .

Bread. . .
is the one food I can not go without!

And, dear ones, this banana nut bread 
has truly gone straight to my taste buds!!!



A true vision of loveliness. . .
this is a light, heavenly taste of sweetness 
that surpasses any I've ever tasted!!!



The most difficult part of this recipe
is waiting for the bread to cool before slicing!!!




While living in the Colorado Springs area,
I taught at Widefield Recreation Center Pre~School!
One of my students mothers shared her Grandmother's 
homemade Banana Nut Bread recipe with me. . .
and it is truly the b e s t nut bread e v e r!!!

Banana Nut Bread:

2 1/2 cups all~purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

1 egg
3 tablespoons salad oil
3/4 cup milk
1 cup mashed ripe bananas

1 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans)



Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour 9" X 5" X 3" loaf pan or
two 8 1/2" X 4 1/2" X 2 1/2" loaf pans.

Measure all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, set aside.

In a medium size bowl, peel and slice the bananas.
Using a fork, mash the bananas.
Add the remaining wet ingredients.

With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed about 1 minute.
Fold in the finely chopped nuts.

Pour into pan(s).
Bake 55 to 65 minutes or
until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
Remove from pan;
cool thoroughly before slicing!


I chose to make one loaf of banana nut bread. . .
and six banana nut bread muffins!

"Give us this day our daily bread". . .



Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.dearlittlehouse.blogspot.com
Mary @ Little Red House for
Thursday's Inspirations!



Be sure to visit

for you’ll come away
filled with amazing inspirations!


15 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

We like banana bread too, especially since it's a good way to use up ripened bananas. This year, for the first time I made a banana cake after seeing a recipe on Pinterest and it was really good too. Of course, the cream cheese frosting I iced it with added a nice sweetness.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Yummmm banana bread - looks delicious - I can almost smell it. Funny thing is - I don't care one bit for bananas - but I love banana bread!!!

NanaDiana said...

That sounds delicious, Pat. That is my son's favorite bread and I try every new recipe I can find. I am saving this one to try next- xo Diana

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

I just want to dive in and take a few pieces..So delicious!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

This looks so yummy, Pat! I love banana bread, too. Thanks so much for the recipe! Hugs...Debbie

Anonymous said...

Lord, have mercy, Pat! I love banana nut bread and this looks so good! If I lived closer you can bet I'd be over! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me, sweet friend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Martha said...

Love banana bread and I'm always up for new recipes!

Clara said...

I just love banana nut bread Pat. Thank you for the recipe.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Oh yummy I have some ripe bananas that would be delicious using your recipe. Valerie

Lorrie said...

So delicious looking. I love banana bread and muffins. Your recipe looks good. Alas, nuts are not something my husband enjoys, so I always leave them out.

podso said...

mmmm i can almost catch the scent! I'd enjoy a piece with you!

Ivy and Elephants said...

The bread looks so yummy! And I'm nuts for nuts, so I'm definitely giving this a try!
Hugs,
Patti

Amy Kinser said...

Oh how I love banana bread, This looks wonderfully delicious.

Hmmm..wonder if I could make it weight watchers friendly? :)

bj said...

While I can't stand bananas (it's that texture thing), I could live on Banana Nut Bread. I am thrilled to get this recipe...I love recipes that come from a grandma. :))
Thanks so much.
xo bj

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Mmmmm...Banana bread is one of my husband's faves! His Nana used to make it all the time with walnuts and golden raisins too!