The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Streamlined Storage Shelves. . .

Updating and streamlining should go hand~in~hand!



Once the paint dried in Studio One,
I began the task of m i n i m i z i n g 
the items on my tall storage shelves.
AMAZING. . .what one can do without!!!



Formerly, this second shelf 
of my tall storage shelving unit 
held the stereo and CD's in Studio One.



Now that I'm enjoying retirement,
I wanted to add some ambiance 
to my creative space.



Soft buttery yellow tulips 
and a birds nest complete with faux eggs
in a bird planter bring about a sense of serenity.

We'll start with the top shelf
where I've the greatest challenge for Studio One. . .
duct work!!!



Although I do my best to camouflage the pipe,
I just have to accessorise and "forget about it"!!!




This top shelf is the perfect place
to store the few magazines that are perused less often.



"Mr. Ed" hung the gold and silver frame
on the back of the shelf (formerly the second shelf).
I know it appears to be a chalkboard, but it's black cardboard!
By placing the shelf in the upright position,
I was able to add a lamp for soft illumination of the space.



Inspirational classical music, 
contained within a vintage card catalog drawer,
and my CD player now reside where formerly
I had all my rolls of various hued ribbons!




Silver mesh magazine holders were simply turned around!
Adding labels to each holder 
allows me to easily access the magazines for research as needed.
White binders on the bottom
hold cards, letters and mementos of my Pen Pals.


Pastel hued binders hold those design files of years gone by!
They contain crafting ideas, prose, sayings and quotes
and a host of inspirational ideas that I seldom use. . .
recently replaced in the design world by pinterest!!!



In Studio One,
On Crooked Creek,
streamlined and updating go hand~in~hand!!!



Before. . .
. . . After!


Before. . .
. . . After!


Before. . .
Before. . .
. . .After!

Before. . .
. . . After!


Until next time. . .

www.betweennapsontheporch.net

On Crooked Creek will be joining
Metamorphosis Monday!


Be sure to visit. . .
for you'll come away inspired
with amazing ideas
for your own home decor!

10 comments:

Babs said...

I really like your changes. Your storage space is so pretty and practical. Glad you like retirement. I love being retired. It's one of the best things I ever did.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

AHHH, that is so much better! It is so calming and pretty too!!! I would just forget about the ductwork too. I hope you are having a good weekend, you and Mr. Ed sure work hard in your retirement!!! XO< Pinky

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Your storage is so attractive and so decorative, Pat! I am so amazed at what I can collect and how it really can clutter up my life if I don't keep a handle on it!
You are certainly wise to minimize, my friend... and do it so beautifully!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Again,
Wanted to come over and visit and see what you have been up to....
Love your new look and you had some great ideas, think you did a great job of camaflouging your ducts....I can see you have been bitten by the white bug too.........the more I see it the more I love it....I have done one room, about a year and a half ago, our living room, and have so enjoyed it. I am planning to do my computer and work room over soon, and think I am gonna go with more white in here too. I have always loved white anything.............just so fresh
and pretty.

Well, you have a great Sunday hon,
Blessings, Nellie

Kameel huise tussen spore said...

What a beautiful inspiration. I will "steal" some of your ideas for my office which is always in a mess.
Thanks for sharing
Love from Sunny South Africa
Sandra
De Oude Huize

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness. Everything looks amazing. I love your new "less is more". Hugs, Marty

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Come over and help me! Looks wonderful, funny I am in love with those pastel binders!

Myra said...

It is amazing what we can do without. The space is fresh and uncluttered. Very nice "personal" space.

Pondside said...

So organised! You know, I had to really look for the pipe after you mentioned it - it just disappears.

Decor To Adore said...

Wow what fantastic storage solutions. It looks great!

Have a very Happy Valentine's week!