The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fat Tuesday Cakes!

Oh ~ dear ones. . .
this cutting back on carbs is not an easy task!!!



"Mr. Ed" bought me The Pioneer Woman Cooks
Recipes From An Accidental Country Girl 
by Ree Drummond
for Christmas On Crooked Creek!



Love, LOVE, L O V E this new cookbook. . .
but I am quite smitten with Ree's recipe for 
Edna Mae's Sour Cream Pancakes!



Usually, On Crooked Creek,
our cooked breakfast consist of 
"Mr. Ed's" Famous Waffles or my French Toast. . .
but we're both in L O V E with these
Sour Cream Pancakes!!!

Edna Mae's Sour Cream Pancakes:

Ingredients:

1 Cup Sour Cream
7 Tablespoons All~Purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2  Eggs
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Flavoring
Butter
Maple Syrup


Directions:

Place your iron skillet or griddle over medium~high heat.



Place the sour cream in a medium bowl.



Add flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.



Stir together very, very gently.




Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
Add the vanilla and stir to combine.



Place the egg mixture into the 
sour cream / flour mixture.
Stir together gently.



Melt a Tablespoon of butter in the skillet or griddle.
Pour the batter into the pan 1/4 cup at a time.

Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then flip and cook for
another 45 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.

Makes twelve 4 ~ inch pancakes!

When I gathered all my ingredients,
 I only had 1/2 cup light sour cream.
So~o~o. . .
I made half the recipe. 



Six perfect Sour Cream Pancakes. . .
three for "Mr. Ed" and three for me!

* * * * * * * * * * Tip * * * * * * * * * *
Next time, I would add
Bacon and fresh Strawberries 
to our Sour Cream Pancake Breakfast.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A perfect, quick, easy breakfast for two
any day of the week. . .On Crooked Creek!


Until next time. . .


www.stonegable.blogspot.com

On Crooked Creek will be joining
Yvonne @ StoneGable for
On The Menu Monday!

Be sure to visit for great menu ideas
for your families dining experience!

12 comments:

podso said...

Oh dear. They do look delicious!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pat, I eat lo-carb too! I make a full meal and eat the greens and meat. I have reached the point that I no longer crave food, thank goodness!
These pancakes looks fabulous.
I wonder if they could be made using a lo-carb baking mix.
Thanks for being such a faithful participant and friend to ON THE MENU MONDAY!

Anonymous said...

These sound so delish, Pat! I love pancakes. I remember IHOP used to serve a German pancake with hashbrowns in them and served with our cream. I loved them.
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my afghan.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Martha said...

I'll have to try this recipe next time I make pancankes. They DO look good!

Rettabug said...

G'morning Pat! This recipe sounds delish & I was going to try it today but in your ingredient list, you don't mention the eggs. How many does the recipe call for & how many did you use for your 1/2 batch? That would work great for just DH & I. I look forward to your reply so I can whip up some soon.

Warm Hugs,
Rett

On Crooked Creek said...

Dear Ones,
Oops!!!
Thanks to Rettabug bringing to my attention I left out the eggs in the first posting!!!
This recipe calls for 2 eggs!!!
Multi~tasking does have its drawbacks!
Thanks Rettabug!!! You're a dear!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Rettabug said...

I'm glad I noticed before I started mixing. I will be making the half batch for tomorrow's breakfast...thanks Pat!!

R.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

It is so hard to eat "healthy". Looks YUMMY!!!

Buttercup said...

These look so good! I'm eating very low carb, but I can dream of these pancakes.

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Those look so good. I have never made pancakes like this. Pancakes sound so deliecious right now with lots of syrup and some tea. :) Thanks for the recipe!
Karen

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Pat, these looks so yummy. I might try these for dinner this evening, something different and outside the box. Nothing like having breakfast for an evening meal right?
hugs ~lynne~

Unknown said...

looking yummy -- I eat low carb but do not eat wheat at all. This week I experimented with pancakes with coconut flour. Needs a little more work but almost there :)

Blessings!
Gail