The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Winterizing The Front Porch!

 





















Just when I had finished organizing and labeling
all the storage bins in Studio One,
I pulled the Winter faux evergreens back out
to winterize the front porch On Crooked Creek!






















Once the red Christmas wreath was removed from the grate,
I decided to go with a Winter Theme
for the front porch decor.

















Filling my flat basket with ice laden branches
(@ 50% off from Bittersweet),
I added a few rustic SNOWflakes with bells
and my signature fat poofy bow to decorate the grate!

















Next, I wove some evergreen with miniature pine cones
through the open rods of the grate to accentuate the basket.






















"Mr. Ed" carried the Christmas Tree in the concrete urn
(aka un~decorated now it becomes a Wintergreen)
to the porch. Using a bit more evergreen,
I embellished the Wintergreen.






















I think the Wintergreen fills the corner quite nicely
and helps accent the new door mat.






















Thank goodness it has the initial for our last name
and not the initials for my Blog!!!






















Removing the red berries and the red and white checked bow
from the table left a nice "winterized" wreath around the candle.






















I placed the table in the other corner
keeping the white for a cohesive effect.

















Of course, the temperature here on the Prairie
is +40 degrees. Not one flake of SNOW in sight,
except, of course On Crooked Creek!
























Until next time. . .





10 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Never thought of decorating the porch for winter..great idea because it looks oh so bare.
I have the same door mat! but of course a H

Susie said...

Pat, I love how that looks. It's inviting. xo,Susie

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Good ideas for the porch. Love the gate and adding the basket, ribbon and greenery is perfect.

NanaDiana said...

Pat- It really looks beautiful. I need to get my garland and wreaths down from outside. It has been too cold to go outside and do it. It is supposed to warm up this weekend. I LOVE your bow and that grate is really sweet- xo Diana

Sarah said...

Pat, these are nice touches for your porch. Love the look of a flat basket.

Amy Kinser said...

Your front porch looks just perfect. I love how thoughtful you are with your details, Pat.

Blessings to you, my friend.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your basket, so pretty. Great ideas, my porch looks pretty plain after all the Christmas decor is gone. Yours is gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Sue@sprucelakecottage said...

Hi Pat, how pretty that white grate looks against the stone wall..I would have never thought of something like that...your quite talented...have a great day!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

So pretty, I too have an evergreen tree on my front porch. I also have up the dying real greenery wreath that needs to be taken down. Oh well.

bj said...

O, it looks lovely. I love that basket...I have a flat one, too, but need to find filler for it.
And, if I had a door mat with O
on it, I would have to think about taking it to the dumpster. :)))