The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Simple JOYs . . .

There is no mistaking that when "Mr. Ed" and I host
Christmas On Crooked Creek
no surface goes unscathed ! ! !

And while I won't deny
that most h o l i d a y preparations are done months in advance,
I have my justifications.

Simple JOYs. . .
beginning December first,
right up to the day we celebrate Jesus Birth. . .
I want to embrace every magical moment !



During our Annual Trout Fishing Trip to Bennett Spring,
I began designing vignettes for the various areas
in our 1970's Ranch Style Home.



Angels
were my choice for our Entry On Crooked Creek.





While on vacation,
I came upon this book titled,
Angels We Have Heard On High
A Book of Seasonal Blessings
by Joan Webster Anderson.



Intrigued by the title,
I was drawn to the soft, creamy ivory hues
with a touch of pastel blue, brown and gold on the cover.
The exact color palette of the print above the console table
in our Entry Hall.



My design plan called for showcasing my heirloom and vintage Angels.



 
 
My trio of Christmas Trees in their vintage pottery vases,
the white lacy metal Stars,



and some vintage blue glass ornaments
I had seen in a local Antique Shop.






I knew I wanted this "first impression"
into our home On Crooked Creek
to be the Scriptural account of our Savior's Birth,
The Christmas Story.



Luke 2:9
     And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them,
     and the glory of the Lord shone round about them,
     and they were sore afraid.


               10
     And the angel said unto them,
     "Fear not;
     for behold, I bring you tidings of great joy
     which shall be to all people.
               11
     For unto you is born this day
     in the city of David
     a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
              12
     This shall be a sign unto you;
     Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes,
     lying in a manager."




              13
     And suddenly there was with the angel
     a multitude of the heavenly host,
     praising God, and saying,



              14
     "Glory to God in the highest,
     and on earth peace,
     goodwill toward men."




Now,
every surface has been prepared for
Christmas On Crooked Creek! ! !




"Mr. Ed" and I will embrace
every  magical moment
as we celebrate. . .


 
simple JOYs! ! !
 
 
 
Until next time. . .
 
www.asavvysouthernstyle.net



 
 
On Crooked Creek is joining A Homespun Christmas Link Party @ Savvy Southern Style with Kim! Ladies, mark your calendars and visit each and every party for the greatest inspiration of this Christmas Season!!!
 
www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
 
 
On Crooked Creek will be joining our dear hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday ! Be sure to visit for inspiration abounds for creative ideas in your own home decor!!!



11 comments:

Martha said...

Pat -- your entry table is stunning! And I love the color palate and the fact that when you enter the home -- it displays the reason for the season -- not Santa Claus!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, your vignette is fabulous. I love your choice of decor and the fact that you kept the real meaning of the season. Celebrating Jesus Birth, so perfect. Hugs, Marty

Sue@sprucelakecottage said...

What a beautiful entry vignette Pat and sharing the true meaning of Christmas...I was truly touched by your post. Thank you for your inquiries about my arm It is some better and starting to be able to raise it up to wash my hair etc. but still hurts when I do it. Take care, Sue.

Gram said...

Thank you for the idea of angels. This past week and next were to be my decorating time, but funerals, medical procedures, etc. have taken away much of my decorating time for our Sunday School class fellowship on Friday, the 7th. All of my tables (for about 50 guests) will have Christmas cloths and centerpieces, but we will have only one tree.
I have collected angels since I was a sophomore in high school. Many of them are displayed in cabinets, easily accessible, so I'll pull them out this year.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Pat, I love seeing all of your wonderful holiday decor! I open our family Bible on the living room coffee table to the same scripture, during the holidays! Love your entry vignette!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

What a beautiful vvignette you have created with your beautiful vintage angels! The book is the PERFECT addition. The lacy stare so pretty and I love those sconces too. have a wonderful weekend, my friend. I have a post ready for the morning, FINALLY. I have been a decorating fool this past week and MIA from blogging. XO, Pinky

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Pat, your vignettes are just beautiful! I especially love how you mixed in the aqua/turquoise shaded ornament. The angels are lovely...beautiful collection! Definitely looking like Christmas my friend!

Amy Kinser said...

Your entryway is perfect! I love how you are so thoughtful in your planning. You do a beautiful job.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Pat,
What a beautiful entry area you have here...a wonderful way to welcome family and friends.

Blessings,
Linda

Mike said...

I would love to see all the decorations you put on your Christmas tree. I can imagine your Christmas tree being quite elegant.

Gayla said...

Oh, I am treating myself today with a look through your beautiful blog! I was so blessed to click on On Crooked Creek by a comment you made n Sweet Nothing's, I think. And today while the snows blow I'm cozy and in blissful amazement at your pretty arrangements. This one... I'm back to November! I had to finally comment. The Angelus, your print by Millet, is my favorite. My grandmother fell in love with it and bought it and I looked up the lovely custom that inspired it. I think it's perfect for your angels.