The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Refreshing Studio One ? ? ?

Retirement is a special time. . .
time to edit,
time to explore,

time to organize,
time to plan,

time to research,
time to refresh? ? ?



Studio One is the name given to my creative space.
This is the spot where I take time to explore new ideas
in our home decor On Crooked Creek.




The space where I organize my thoughts
and plan ahead for each new event or Season.




Here, in Studio One,
I research through past and present trends and look for inventive ways to re~purpose and re~use all the materials at hand.

So~o~o. . .
this Autumn, I began re~thinking
the directional role that Studio One would take.



In the beginning,
Studio One was the space
where I used my creativity for scrapbooking.



Then,
I used the space in Studio One
to launch and operate my home based business of the same name.
This year, to spend more quality time with "Mr. Ed" and our family,
I chose to close my Handmade Cards with a Vintage Flair.


 

By editing throughout this creative space,
I can focus on the needs of our current lifestyle.
Drawing from its past,  On Crooked Creek,
and moving towards its future !




"Mr. Ed", with his multiple scope of carpentry skills,
transformed this Shabby Chic shelf  from a cabinet drawer.
He mitered the trim, paneled the back and added a shelf.
I, then applied several painting techniques,
to achieve the overall look!




 This is the directional forward movement
 for Studio One !


 

Brighter and lighter,
but still with a definite color palette.




While some areas will see a definite change and updating. . .



others will remain the same.



Accessing where I've been,




and determining where my path may lead.




As you can clearly see,
Studio One has a l o n g way to go
if I'm going to achieve this new look On Crooked Creek !
Ladies, I welcome you to follow along
as I meander through this refreshing time.




On Crooked Creek,
retirement is a special time. . .
in Studio One !


Until next time. . .

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a special area for you to create in and enjoy. Can't wait to see all the changes you have in mind. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

podso said...

I would love to have such a space. You will use it/are using it well. And you celebrate retirement in your everyday life. Love it, and thanks for the inspiration!

Mary Ann said...

I'm envious of your space, but I love your quote about retirement...I retired in August, and I'm using these first few months to explore and to relax. Then we'll see about volunteering at several places... but first, renew!

Amy Kinser said...

I love that you have your place to create and dream. I will enjoy seeing all that you are changing and refreshing.

Blessings, Amy

Gram said...

So why do you have a shampoo sink below the cabinet? Were you a stylist at one time? I worked in that profession years ago, and loved it. I have a station with a shampoo sink in my basement, but only to cut my family's hair.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! What a special spot just for you and I can't wait to see what you're going to do.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)