The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Night OR Day ? ? ?

Here On Crooked Creek
by NIGHT or by DAY,
I'm adjusting to the subtle changes in the Master Bedroom! ! !



Changes in placement of our bed by NIGHT !



Changes in placement of our bed by DAY !

I do apologize for the "petticoat" effect under the coverlet.
Today I received a shipping confirmation that the new bedding had been shipped ! ! ! It is our hope that the
Ralph Lauren Marrakesh Quilted Coverlet
will provide a more masculine appeal to our Master Bedroom.


Artwork newly re~arranged on either side
of our Triple Cherry Dresser !


"Mr. Ed"and I opted that it was time
to place our Precious Moments figurines in another location.
In the continuation of a more streamlined decor,
we hung the framed rose prints on either side of our
Triple Cherry Dresser.



Roses and Peonies
for "Mr. Ed's" side. . .



Carnations and Roses
for Pat's side !


Although I adored the scrunching of the fabric on the damask runner, I felt the fabric a bit dark and formal.
Fresh light sage linen with vintage lace  is quite refreshing
in our Master Bedroom decor.



His

and
 

 Hers !


Each of these cherub planters
holds a "precious meaning" for "Mr. Ed" and I.


"Mr. Ed" had a dozen red roses
delivered to my hospital room
the morning after giving birth to our son !




My dear friend, Cheryl,
brought this filled with bath luxuries
after a most difficult time in my  life.


Adding a burgundy hued clock to the dresser
seemed to fill the void behind the tray,
giving a cohesiveness to the dresser top.




Moving around to the other side of the room,
I uncluttered the top of my Cherry Jewelry Chest.
Although I kept the lamp from my beloved Grandmother,
I only returned my "Precious Moments Bible"
and brought in the Madonna.


 


"HAPPY DAYS"
Above the Cherry Jewelry Chest
hangs an oil of "Mr. Ed" and I
days before he left for the U. S.Army 1970.
 




Brought in from other areas of our home,
we chose to use our rubbed brass chain reading
and torchier lamps on the side tables.


"Mr. Ed's reading lamp.




By re~positioning the bed,
our sleep has greatly improved! ! !


So~o~o. . .
by NIGHT or by DAY
the changes to On Crooked Creek's
Master Bedroom have been beneficial to both "Mr. Ed" and I ! ! !


Until next time. . .


FYI:
To see the before photos, you can click on the link to
Sources of Inspiration. . .  here:
http://oncrookedcreekct.blogspot.com/2012/11/sources-of-inspiration.html#comments

www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com

On Crooked Creek is joining our sweet hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life  for Table Top Tuesday! ! ! Be sure to visit and be inspired to create some new vignettesfor your own home decor!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Your bedroom looks wonderful. I love how you've decorated and your dresser is just like mine except for the mirror! :)
Love the sweet snap of you and the hubby!
Hope you're doing well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Dragonfly On Iron Gate said...

How lovely ! love the color of the wall, everything looks very well placed. Love all your wood furniture! Thanks for sharing. Jules ~

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Great tour! Really enjoyed it. I am glad you kept that lamp from your grandmother! It's fabulous and looks great there. I love the stories behind the cherub vases...nice. :)

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Your bedroom looks so pretty and cozy. I will be anxious to see the new bedding. I love how you have his and her sides on your dresser. We just tonight, ordered a vanity dressig table for me to put in our sitting area of the bedroom. Right now I have my old one in my closet (I had it there in the old house) and it is WAY too crowded. I am getting claustrophobia!!!! XO, Pinky

Martha said...

I like what you did -- the color is very pretty as well. I think you did a great job with your "new" bedroom!

podso said...

I think it looks lovely--by day or by night. I look forward to seeing the new coverlet but I like what you have now too!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WELL DONE, PAT!!!!

Your room is classically elegant and lovely!

And thank you so much for visiting me today!

God's blessings be yours!

Hugs!

Amy Kinser said...

Your bedroom is beautiful. I love the artwork on either side of the mirror. Everything seems so thoughtfully placed and I love that.

I have to ask about the pocket watch under the little cloche. We have my husband's grandfather's old railroad watch under a little cloche just like that. Is yours a family heirloom?

Also, I so want you to zoom in on that oil painting so I can see a closer up of you and Mr. Ed.

Blessings my friend.

Sonia said...

Hi Pat,
I do see that you love sunflowers! Your blog is so pretty adored with them! Your master bedroom looks wonderful. I can't wait to see the new bed linen you have coming! I love traditional bedrooms, quilts and florals. Your bedroom looks very calming and restful!
Thanks for stopping by!
Miss Bloomers

Pat@BPM said...

Your room is so pretty, Pat. I am looking forward to seeing the new bedding. I love RL bedding.

Anonymous said...

Pat you room looks so pretty! I need to change up my bedroom one of these days- Actually if I would just clean it it would make a vast improvement!!!

bee blessed
mary