The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Days. . . Again!

"Sunday, Monday,  Happy Days.
Tuesday, Wednesday,  Happy Days.
Thursday, Friday,   Happy Days.
Saturday, What a day,
Groovin' all week with you."


Happy Days ! ! !
An oil portrait of "Mr. Ed" and I
days before his induction into the U.S. Army 1970!

On Crooked Creek it is definitely Happy Days
now that the new Master Bedroom linens have arrived,
been laundered, ironed and placed atop the bed!!! 


View of our Master Bedroom
as you enter from the East Wing Hallway.


"Mr. Ed" and I couldn't be more pleased with the results!

You might remember that the original plan
was to bring in more masculine elements
by eliminating some of the feminine decor
therefore creating a more streamline designed Master Bedroom.


View of our Master Bedroom
as you enter from our Master Bath.


The creamy ivory hue of the Ralph Lauren Marrakesh Quilt
with matching Shams compliments our Cheri Blum
Antique Rose Quilt and Draperies quite harmoniously.


I adore how the diamond pattern of Ralph Lauren's Marrakesh Quilt
mimics the alternating rows of  Irish Chain
set in Cheri Blum's Antique Rose Quilt!


Who would have ever imagined
it would have taken us a year and a half
to reach a decision on a new quilt and shams? ? ?




Here was my checklist:
*1) NO more florals!
*2) Must be machine washable!!
*3) Needs to have masculine appeal!!!
Simple enough, right?
                                      Apparently NOT!!!


The new Master Bedroom quilt far exceeds my checklist!


Preferring to shop as locally as possible,
I was unable to find all three elements.
So~o~o. . .
by turning to the Internet, I finally found a suitable solution!


Sage green 400 count linens make this Master Bedroom
make~over a dream come true !


I'd say, On Crooked Creek,
that it's definitely Happy Days . . . Again!




"These days are all,
Happy and Free.( Those Happy Days)
These days are all,
Share them with me. (oh baby)
Goodbye grey sky, hello blue.
There's nothing can hold me when I hold you.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.

These days are all,
Share them with me. (Those Happy Days)
These days are all, Happy and Free.
These Happy Days are your's and mine, Happy Days."


On Crooked Creek
it will be sweet dreams for nights to come !


Until next time. . .

For the Master Bedroom make~over in its entirety,
check out how it all began with Sources of Inspiration. . . (here)
and the changes in artwork and room arrangement
 Night OR Day? ? ? (here).


www.betweennapsontheporch.net


On Crooked Creek will be joining our sweet hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday! Be sure to visit for inspiration abounds in the creative talents of the ladies in the Land of Blog!

5 comments:

Marigene said...

I love that new quilt! Those vintage pictures we pull out every so often are good for smiles, aren't they? The hair, the clothing...;)

Amy Kinser said...

i LOVE this post!!! I love the painting of you and Mr. Ed. What a beautiful lady you are.

Your bedroom is wonderful. So funny that it took you that long to pick out the bedding. I make my decisions like that way too hastily. Great choices with everything.

Again, thank you for sharing this picture for me to see. I love it.

Blessings to you sweet friend.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Ha! Pat, I was singing that song in my head! LOL! Your linens look great! Glad you were able to find what you were looking for! Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh Pat, you 2 are so DARN cute!!!!! Your bedding is exquisite, I love it. You definitely surpassed your dreams and plans. I am truy wishing you and Mr. Ed a MOST bountiful, blessed and happy Thanksgiving. XOXO, Pinky

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Pat...I LOVE that portrait of you two and the bedroom looks great!