The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

2nd Blog Anniversary!

Celebrating my 2nd Blog Anniversary,

I ask those of you who entered to tell me why you began blogging.

Pat @ Studio One first Trade Show 2010.

Here's my story. . .
Two years ago, I became e x t r e m e l y unhappy with the selection of Home Decor magazines available on the local news stands. Much to my dismay,  Home Companion and Cottage Living,  two of my favorites ceased to exist. Living by Martha Stewart was now in the hands of others. House Beautiful had a new editor ( no longer Stephen Drucker, Editor In Chief) and had dropped Ina Garten's featured Barefoot Contessa column.


Home Decor Magazines for Resources!

A friend of mine said to me, "Why don't you visit Pammiejo and Friends Blog? You will really enjoy seeing all the amazing things those blogs have concerning home decor."
Okay, now I'm intrigued.
First, I had to ask what a blog was.
Then, I had to ask how to find the blog.

About the same time, I was terribly disillusioned with many that I corresponded with via e~mail. I'd write twice monthly and never hear a response. Another friend began sending my "writings" to my Choir members. Loyal as ever, they would shower me with appreciation at Church, but few written responses.

Chancel Choir 2011...
Pat in second row with another "December Birthday" member!!!

So~o~o...two things happened spontaneously!
Number 1:
I became a lurker!
Once I found Pammiejo and Friends, I began clicking the blogs on her sidebar and ventured into the Land of Blog. Oh, my goodness!!! How you ladies in the Land of Blog never ceased to amaze me with the make~overs and vignettes you showcased in your lovely homes!
Number 2:
I began writing (journaling)! Creative writings about the Season, the weather or happenings On Crooked Creek. Many local friends encouraged me to continue.


Preparing a post for On Crooked Creek 2012!

I visited with Pam at Choir rehearsal and told her, "I love your blog. Every Monday morning, I pour my coffee and head down to the office and open up your blog!  Monday morning coffee with Pammiejo and Friends! It's a great beginning to my week!" Pam encouraged me to begin my own blog. You have a great "voice". The words just seem to flow from your being.

Our words are powerful.
Pammiejo's certainly were.
My Choir members words certainly were.  
And your words, dear friends, certainly are!

I enjoy the creativity that blogging allows me. I appreciate being an invited guest into your homes each and every blog post. I've become quite the "party" lady over the past two years, there's no denying it!

Pat with Granddog, Roscoe, Christmas 2010!!!


As I celebrate the ending of my 2nd year of blogging and look forward to another year ahead, I want to take a moment to tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of you wonderful ladies in the Land of Blog. I am continually blessed with your comments, loyalty, presence and encouragement. Below is the contents of the Dedication Page of my published first year of blogging On Crooked Creek. 

On Crooked Creek. . .
From lurker ~ to blogger, oh what a joyful experience these
past five months have been in my life! What began as an
outlet for my creative writings has brought about wonderful
new friendships ~ through memes and comments ~from
some of the finest ladies with which I've had the opportunity
to correspond.
Fondly,
Pat

Pat in Studio One preparing for
Derby Community Round ~ Up Art Auction 2010!

Year two comes to and end as year three has already begun to evolve. It is my hope that you'll continue to
 "Come experience the journey of life On Crooked Creek."


Until next time. . .

Pair of Wooden Angels made by
"Mr. Ed" and Pat
On Crooked Creek!

There's still time to sign ~ up for the drawing
being held on Labor Day,
Monday, September 3,2012!
http://oncrookedcreekct.blogspot.com/2012/08/blog-anniversary.html

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I wish you a happy blogaversary, Pat! How nice to hear your story of why you began blogging. I'm so happy you've come into my life and I really feel as if we're friends. If we by chance get to meet in person I think that feeling of really being your friend will continue! I love your blog!
You are the sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I have found since I started blogging, that I rarely buy a magazine now..I can not do without Country Living and BH&Garden. Congrats! My 2 year anniversary is coming up next week actually.

Barbara F. said...

Again, happy blogaversary, Pat. The thing with magazines that I can't stand is that they are mostly filled with pages and pages of advertising. Blogs are starting to head that way too, but I guess we all want a little extra income. xo

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I began blogging as a way to be in touch with my creative side. I like to write as well. Blog land has really changed my view of domestic life. I love getting to know others like me who have a passion for God, their families, baking and decorating!!!!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Happy Blogaversary to one of the sweetest, most supportive, kindest, loving blog friends I have! You are the BEST and I treasure our friendship! It was so nice to read "your story". You should smile in EVERY picture, you are so pretty! XO, Pinky

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love it Pat! Wonderful blogging story.

Congratulations on two years! Here's to many more!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Happy blogaversary, Pat! It's a whole world of its own, isn't it? I hate to tell why I started! For some reason I thought you had to have a blog to comment on blogs, so I figured I would write an occasional post just to keep mine going. Then I got hooked! lol Little did I know that 4 years later I would still be going strong! Congrats on such an important benchmark for your blog! Have a wonderful weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Martha said...

Happy Blogversary! It's always nice to find another Kansas blogger! And you and I share many ties!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Happy Blogaversary, Pat! I count you among one of my many blessings in the blog world! It has been a pleasure to read your posts and call you a friend!! Wishing you many more happy years of blogging!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Congratulations on your blogaversary! Why did I start blogging...I was lurking and then I thought, I could do this...so I tried. I didn't really even know what a blog was!! That was almost 5 years ago!!

bj said...

Yay...2 years.
AIN'T LIFE GRAND !!