The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Touch of Gold. . .

As Summer begins to fade into Autumn, On Crooked Creek
has begun to exhibit a Touch of Gold!




Our Entertainment Center is the focal point of our living room. Although it is quite a chore to change out the decor, it gives me a great sense of accomplishment when completed!




Honey oak finish compliments the golden hued accessories that are now showcased on the display shelves of the Entertainment Center!

I adore how the golden bird statues blend harmoniously with the vintage oil lamps and the straw angel!




Always my greatest challenge is this long narrow shelf above the television. The shelf itself is a delightful display space; however it's hiding the stereo speakers that gives me great distress!




Italian handled olive jars  on the left. . .




combined with my French busts and an ornate clock camouflage the hideous speakers!




Golden accessories begin with a Marjolein Bastin owl print and some faux soft green textured hedge balls. Our Peace On Earth music box and "Mr. Ed's" golden retirement clock fill the second shelf!




Domed golden pocket watch and a laser cut shell finish the bottom shelf!











A second Marjolein Bastin print continues the golden hued accessories to the opposite side of our Entertainment Center. A Summer cloche with a single Sunflower and wrought iron rustic birds compliment the framed bird's nest. Brass vases from "Mr.Ed's" tours in Korea alongside my angelic snow globe completes this decorative area. Beneath is the HUGE stereo!







Books in brown, burgundy and tan have replaced the beige, along with the addition of golden sweetheart roses in the creamy ivory urns.




This past June we celebrated my Dad's 90th birthday!!! The remainder of our parents are deceased and awaiting our heavenly reunion! Having their photos near is such a comfort.









 A Touch of Gold with hopes that Autumn is near and On Crooked Creek will soon put the Summer of 2012 in the past!




Until next time. . .

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Pat, all of your new displays and vignettes are gorgeous. I love the touch of gold, it adds just the right amount of sparkle. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

looks beautiful, the green just pops!!!! Lovely art work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, your wall units look wonderful and you've decorated them beautifully! Now sit down, I've been working on my cabinets surrounding my TV today and I've added 'green'! :) Are we connected or not! :)
You and your hubby would be welcome at my table any time.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sonia said...

Hi Pat,
Thanks for your sweet visit...most of my flowers have quit blooming ...but like yours my rosemary is thriving! Crepe Myrtles are doing fine...I am learning with the horrible summers we've had to cut back on my plant list. Your wall unit looks wonderful! Love all the personal touches and pretty artful arrangements. I have one in my family room and don't you love how much they hold! Love the window you have up on the top! Pretty post!
Miss Bloomers

bj said...

O, I know...it's been such a long, hot summer...I think we are all ready for fall. I can hardly wait for winter..my favorite of all seasons.

Everything looks very nice On Crooked Creek. You have been busy....I love GOLDEN. :)

Thanks for your advice and suggestions on my silly little mantel. I've had such fun with it and have ONE MORE POST about it this evening. :))

podso said...

IT looks great, Pat, I like the touches of gold, and i like how you use books, which probably are well worn by you guys reading them!

Patty Marker said...

Your golds look so pretty. I love all the fall vignettes you worked on. I want to start my fall decorating but am forcing myself to wait until September 1st. It's still in the triple digits here! Ugh!!!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Hi at! All of yor golden touches are just sparkling! It looks beautiful. I know what you mean about try to hide speakers!!!It can be a ral challenge:) You have been busy On Croked crek but the results are s worth it. Have a great weekend with Mr. Ed!!! XO,Pinky

Heaven's Walk said...

So so so pretty, Pat! Love the warmth and chicness of the gold you added. I am so with you about saying goodbye to Summer 2012. I've had enough hot, humid, and dry days. Bring on the crisp coolness of autumn! :)

xoxo laurie