The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Flippin' The Switch!!!

On Crooked Creek,
we're flippin' the switch from Summer to Autumn!!!


Beginning with the dining room chandelier,
 we're transitioning the decor from Summer to Autumn
. . .one area at a time! ! !



Before. . .

I'm fortunate to have more than one set of chandelier lamp shades for the dining room here On Crooked Creek! Recently, I used the red and gold stripe to set the tone for hot Summer days and my Farmhouse Frenchy Kitchen.

I truly adore the Traditional style decor that I enjoyed during my youth. Since I've had more time to indulge in keeping my home, I'm finding that the Traditional style is much more soothing to my soul.



The Autumnal inspiration for the chandelier came from
Mary Carol Garrity's Nell Hill's Christmas at Home and these recent faux fall foliage finds from the Iron Star combined with berry garland and oak leaf sprigs I previously purchased locally at Roadhouse Antiques!




Consider the decorating potential that is often overlooked
in your ceiling fixture is the advise that Mary Carol Garrity gives in seasonal decor!



So~o~o. . .
aided by my ever faithful assistant, "Mr. Ed", I did just that!





In making the chandelier a centerpiece of the dining room, I needed to hide the chain link above the rubbed bronze finish!



Although it took s e v e r a l attempts to get the sprigs of bittersweet neatly and securely tucked under the burlap wired ribbon, I am quite pleased with the results!



Next came the "over ~ under" winding of the soft orange hued berry garland on the arms of the chandelier. The addition of my creamy ivory silk Traditional lamp shades keeps the Autumnal hues from becoming overbearing.



Blending sprigs of faux oak leaves, twigs and acorns along each arm of the chandelier adds to the natural elements of Autumn!


The overhead view speaks volumes of Autumn,
as you gaze across the table.



After!

Good~bye triple digit temperatures,
good ~bye to Summer of 2012!









We've flipped the switch to Autumn
                               On Crooked Creek!



Until next time. . .


www.stonegable.blogspot.com


Please join On Crooked Creek @ StoneGable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits!

14 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm mentally ready for fall, but no changes yet here in the house. Love the idea of changing out the shades on your shandy. ;-)

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

pat, it looks FABULOUS!!!! I am hoping to be able to decorate our NEW chandelier soon:):) I love how you did this. The leaves and berries wound through the arms of the chady is perfect! Love how you hid the chain too. It is COOL here too, bit getting little warmer the next few days. Just high 80's and even that is a relief. XO, Pinky

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, love, love love this.. can't go wrong falling Nell Hill's hints can we? Your handy dandy assistant did an excellent job holding it steady for you... I'm trying to hold off decorating for fall, it's getting tougher and tougher by the day..
hugs ~lynne~

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh what fun you had with your beautiful chandy! I love Nell Hill. I've always wanted to visit her shop. I can see the love you have for fall. Your dining room is looking cozy lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie Pat! Oh, aren't you something? I love what you did with your chandy and you have more than one set of shades. Love how you've used the ribbon and curly qued it down. The berries and springs look just perfect! I'll say you flipped the switch very well.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

What s great "switch" to fall, your chandy looks beautiful! Hugs, Penny

Courtenay@Creek Line House said...

Oh, one of these days we'll get a chandelier installed in the dining room! When we do, I want to do exactly like you just did! Love the simplicity of it but also how effective it is at setting the tone. Good job!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Pat, this is so pretty! Love it...Love it...love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what you're up to now! :)
Thanks for popping in.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I love this idea Pat!! I am going to decorate next week or after labor day!! The Fall bug has got me for sure!!!

Honey at 2805 said...

Your chandy is so pretty dressed for Fall! Love it!

Kadee Willow said...

I am your newest follower based on your profile.. family and faith.. and on your posts! So excited to get to know you! And the decorations for the chandelier are lovely! So charming to look up and see that as you sit at the sweet table set for two! I try to do mine in the entry way by the front door at Christmastime and I know that it takes time and patience. Job well done!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a gorgeous job you did on your chandy! I have never decorated mine for Fall, but I sure think I will now since you've inspired me by your design. I'm your newest follower :)