The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Easin' Into Autumn. . .

The Entry Hall On Crooked Creek
not only welcomes our family, friends and guests,
but it also sets the stage for Seasonal changes.



Although we didn't receive measurable rain. . . 
the air changed, the skies darkened and the thunder roared. . .
which was all the prompting I need for Easin' Into Autumn!!!



The backdrop for the entry hall is already staged with a vintage heirloom print and flanked by two hurricane sconces. The reverence of this print reflects my beloved in~laws. I adore its soft hues and tiger oak frame!



I began by draping the top of the console table with a fringed throw rich in browns, golds, rusts with soft subtle touches of sage green and blue. Gently folded so that the border had prominence along the perimeter and softening each corner, yet leaving the drawers accessible.



The vintage counter check holder remains on the entry hall console for holding out going mail throughout the year! This time I decided to center it, as I only have two pieces of vintage crockery.


Adding the vintage brown jug proved to be more of a challenge than I realized. The height of this jug  wouldn't allow for easy flow within the vignette I was trying to create!



Bringing "Mr. Ed's" rabbit water bowl from his childhood into the vignette allowed for additional lighter hues, but still the flow was awkward.



Placing the brown jug to the left of the florals and the water bowl to the right, gave the movement I was seeking.




Pushing the counter check holder closer to the empty crock gave enough variation of hues for interest.




On Crooked Creek ~
a bit more streamlined appearance to the entry hall.




However, I felt the look was almost stark!
So~o~o. . .







Placing berry rings of the same browns, golds, rusts and sage greens to the base of the hurricane sconces added visiual interest!




Easin' Into Autumn. . .
         On Crooked Creek. . .
                                          in the middle of the Summer!!!



Until next time. . .

5 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I am DYING to decorate for all. I LOVE decorating for all and Christmas!!!! I did keep some Fall decorations to use, since we won't be in the new house til Oct. I can't do it yet but hopefully soon:) I love what you did and the berry rings are the PERFECT finishing touch! Softens up the whole vignette. XO, Piny

podso said...

I could not believe when I read "fall" but I do think I would welcome at least the cooler weather!! I love the addition to the sconces -- that is just what the look was lacking! You have the "eye" and I love reading the descriptions of what you are doing .. it sounds like a professional!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, everything looks so pretty and I can almost hear the leaves crunching outside! :) Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my little Christmas houses.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Miss Gracie's House said...

Fall? Say it isn't so...as much as I really don't like this heat, I really am not ready for the next season...they just go by so quickly.
But, soon, so soon, it will be time...your decorations really are beautiful, though:)
Rene'

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! That was very sweet of you to say. You have a blessed weekend too, friend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)