The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Simplistic Prairie Dining. . .

Summer has officially arrived On Crooked Creek
and with it some simplistic prairie dining!



Early  Summer mornings on the Prairie
are full of glorious sunlight streaming through the patio doors.



A buttery yellow tablecloth allows me to bring the outdoors in. . .
while leaving the heat outside!




Black~eyed Susan's just say "Prairie" to me!
By placing them inside my wooden spools,
a unique "Prairie ~style" centerpiece is simply created.



Weekends On Crooked Creek begin with breakfast. . .
followed by weekend chores of cleaning, laundry and marketing.



Atop the buttery yellow tablecloth,
I placed a scalloped red floral quilted place mat.
Chili Pepper dinnerplate, dessert/salad plate and cereal/soup bowl are my choice for this Summery Prairie tablescape.



Newly purchased striped mustard hued napkins
are pared with our everyday  beaded flatware.



Bee glassware will serve as juice glasses. . .
and over~sized mugs for steaming fresh Columbian Coffee!!!



Simplistic Prairie Dining
has extended from the dining table to the kitchen hutch, as well.
(We'll save that for another post!)





Sunflowers,
much like those that are blooming On Crooked Creek
fill the baket at the end of the buffet and hutch!



To enhance the Frenchy Farmhouse Style ~
lampshades have been switched from Traditional  silk ivory ~
to red and gold striped linen shades with clear teardrop crystals!


On Crooked Creek ~
                                         Simplistic Prairie Dining. . .


Until next time. . .

5 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, it is all so beautiful. I love your red placemats and your placesettings are lovely. Perfect combination of dishes. The tiny sneaks I have of the hutch look amazing too. One of my favorites is the basket filled with the sunflowers. How pretty is that. Hugs, Marty

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Such a pretty table but I really like how you used your bobbins as vases!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Lovely table setting Pat!

Anonymous said...

that looks so invitingly warm and cozy,

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I wish I could come and dine with you. I LOVE the sunflowers in the basket too.