The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Practical Decor. . .

This time around On Crooked Creek. . .                                                                                           it's practical decor!





On Crooked Creek, there is n o  lack of dinnerware!

                                             Quite the contrary. . . to "Mr.Ed's" dismay!



So~o~o . . .
to complete the showing off our green. . .
I put the everyday dinnerware on my two~tier plate rack!



Actually, it was time I devised a practical solution to our over~flowing cabinets!



The built~in china cabinet On Crooked Creek is situated in close proximity to our dining room table.

 Easy enough to grab a bowl for my morning cereal. . .
                                      or a saucer for an afternoon salad or sandwich!




Faux eggplant and a porcelain pear ~ in some vintage bowls ~
bridge the distance between the plates and the ambient lighting!




The cook~book is a wedding gift from my beloved Aunt.
The McCall's Cook Book has been a valuable resource.
It is the "go~to" every year for timing the Thanksgiving Turkey and the Christmas Ham!



Dinnerware is easily replaced after  a quick wash, and again, ready for  daily use!


The Showing Off Our Green built~in china cabinet above. . .

a n d


the Showing Off Our Green vignette below!

On Crooked Creek. . .
                               practical decor for a practical solution
                                                                   to an ever growing problem!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek is joining our dear hostess, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday! Be sure to visit for inspiration in your own home decor!

16 comments:

Martha said...

Very pretty. I like those plates on the plate stand.

podso said...

A very nice way to store your everyday dishes, which are so pretty. Just grab a plate from a pretty display. How nice! You always have the lever ideas!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

We will have a built in hutch in our new kitchen and it will be right besdie the breakfast room table. So, this would be the perfect idea for there! Thanks for the inspiration!!! I love this, and your green plates are so pretty. XO, Pinky

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Having too many dishes is a good thing, isn't it?! Very pretty.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, both are so beautiful. I love your china cabinet and your displays are gorgeous. I love the idea of the tiered rack, perfect. Hugs, Marty

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Yes we have too many dishes too. I think I may need to (gulp) get rid of some; but then there's the deciding of who will go, kind of a Sophie's choice thing.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love this idea. I am going to bring out our plate stand!

I gave the girls 6 cartons of Christmas dishes over the weekend. All the girls loved them, even the grand girls have some of them now. However, I still have a lot of dishes!

Olive said...

I echo the too many dishes thought but hey it could be worse...like an entire collection of five hundred dollar purses. That I do not get. I love stacked dishes just as you have done. I never do a real tablescape-I stack em.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Sooooo pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! I love this little set up you've put together! Lovely dishes and I just adore that wallpaper.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

That sure is a pretty spot for your everyday dishes. You have a beautiful majolica collection too. I spend time figuring out where it all needs to go too. And I don't think I have that much. But I probably do! LOL!

Marlis said...

Lov your ingenious way to deal with the dish affliction. Love the color of those plates!!! Oh i just read about the house painting.. I was planning on undertaking that myself. Now i'm worried. be blessed, xo marlis

bj said...

Great ideas here, Pat. I don't have as many dishes as a lot of bloggers...my space is limited and I don't buy many dishes anymore.
Have a great day.

Babs said...

Pat, Thanks for sharing your tips for "show and store". My dish collection is slowly growing, so I'm going to need your ideas.
Hugs,
Babs

allisamazing said...

Your vignette is so cute and yet practical - love it!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm loving your show and store ideas. I have none left, even though I got new space on my new antique buffet to store treasures I had in cartons. Thank you for your lovely visit and good wishes. They're coming tonight, I can't wait to see them!! Have a wonderful Sunday.
Luv ya,
FABBY