The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mark Twain House Bark!

 On Crooked Creek's color of choice is . . .
                                                                   Mark Twain House Bark!


The Completed Look . . . Day 15!

New trim color of Almond Oil accents the windows and doors!


New hue. . .Almond Oil vs the past hue of Almond Paste!

"Mr. Ed" did all the painting ~ by himself!
I offered to help.
His reply was," I don't like the way you paint!"



"Really?", I replied.
His response, "You paint everything black or white!"
I must admit. . .he' s correct.



The East Side of our home. . .Day 5!

South Side (Garage Side) . . .Day 7!

North Side of our home. . .Day 8!



The back of our home freshly painted. . .Day 10!



Since he had 31 days to complete the job,
I didn't allow "Mr. Ed" to paint on the weekends!


The West Side with the deck. . .Day 10!

Not only did he complete all the painting
and the trim painting around the doors and windows;
he also replaced all the screens to the 10 windows in the house!



Even the Garden Shed,
On Crooked Creek, received a new coat of paint!

The Garden Shed. . .Day 13!

What a m a n!



All the exterior work
                  On Crooked Creek
                                                                 was completed on Day 15!

. . . and since I wasn't allowed to aid in the actual painting . . .
                                       I photographed the amazing transformation!



On Crooked Creek ~
                          Here's the b e f o r e . . .








and the a f t e r. . .







We r e a l l y like the way it looks!


Until next time. . .

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pat, it looks amazing. He did a fabulous job and so fast too. The new screens are always a bonus also. Really love the new color. Hugs, Marty

Martha said...

I love your new color -- I do like it better than the old!

And all of that done in such a short time -- congratulations to Mr. Ed!

And I love the name of the color -- what a clever name!

podso said...

Pat it looks wonderful!
I love the new color and your little shed is so cute! your husband must have worked hard to accomplish all that in 15 days. i love seeing open windows--- a rarity here it's usually so hot

Sonny G said...

That looks great Pat.. Love the new color..
I do have to say, now I'm nervous lol.. I've had mine sw universal khaki for 6 years and we decided this spring to switch over to a deep sage green.. seeing yours so pretty in bark makes me wonder why I want to change colors :-)

bj said...

Oh, gosh...looks like a new house. He really did a nice job.
Love your pretty color choice.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, you new house color looks wonderful. Your Mister did a great job and he was swift too!
I think my blogging problems have been fixed! Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Love the new color! It looks updated and fresh. Nothing like a new coat of paint to make a house feel appreciated. My sweet hubby painted ours just recently, and I mostly watched.
So I know how much work it was for you two. :) Happy Weekend~

Babs said...

Pat, your hubby did a great job...and even painted the shed, too.
Don't you just love how a new, fresh paint color perks everything up?
Nice job...and now I know how to get out of painting...black or white, huh? :)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pat, What a MAN is right!!! Love the cowboy hat! It is my husband's goal to become a cowboy... or a pirate!
I love the new color too. Very warm! and they work so well with the stone.
I had to laugh at your cowboy's comment about you painting everything black or white. Me too!
Now that he is finished this huge project I have one question.... DO YOU RENT HIM OUT?