The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

La Poire. . .

On Crooked Creek. . .
 creates a  La Poire Frenchy Farmhouse Style tablescape!



One of my collection of fruit motif plates that line the Frenchy Farmhouse Style galley kitchen plate rack On Crooked Creek was my inspiration for this La Poire tablescape!


So~o~o. . . I asked "Mr. Ed" to climb up on the ladder and bring this La Poire plate down for me to begin creating a new tablescape for our dining room table!



I'm still craving this buttery yellow hue for our dining experience! Freshly laundered and folded, I placed this Better Homes and Gardens  tablecloth from Wal ~ Mart down first on the dining room table.



Next, I placed the La Poire dinner plate atop the buttery yellow tablecloth. While the tablecloth has that Traditional element I adore; I was wanting to blend it with my need for Frenchy Farmhouse Style!



Ooh~La~La!  By the addition of the orange scalloped, quilted place mat, I have achieved that Frenchy Farmhouse Style ! I adore the petite, yellow fleur with sage green leaf patterned background of this place mat.  A perfect color combination for this La Poire dinner plate!




Gathering accompanying elements is the part of this process that I love! Now comes the decision making. . .golden pears on red linen are more Traditional; whereas the gold and red checked broadcloth with wheat border dinner napkin leans towards the Frenchy Farmhouse Style!




From the beginning, I knew this verdigris, wrought iron, pedestal cloche would be the perfect choice for the centerpiece!



These co~ordinating linens ~ although not in use on the dining room table ~ will play a supporting role in the La Poire Frenchy Farmhouse Style tablescape!




Freshly pressed linens are a must On Crooked Creek! Not only do they look marvelous they keep their pristine appearance through the entire week!





Ah~h~h, this La Poire tablescape is my heart's desire!






Just a simple poire hue, beaded napkin ring on my attempt to duplicate a  fleur~de~lis gathered napkin.



Two La Poire stacked inside the cloche make an accentuating centerpiece.



 Gingersnap roses from On Crooked Creek' s front flower bed ~


are joined with sage, thyme and oregano
                            from On Crooked Creek's Herb Garden!


The vivid hue is no match 
 for the aromatic scent of these Herbs de Provence bouquets!




Clear water goblets mimic the shape of the wrought iron, pedestal cloche!





Anyway you view this
 La Poire Frenchy Farmhouse Style tablescape. . .
created On Crooked Creek. . .


the dining experience is magnificient!


Until next time . . .



On Crooked Creek is joining our dear hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday! Be sure to visit and be inspired to change your table setting or 'mix it up' for a wonderful dining experience in your own home!

12 comments:

Martha said...

Pat -- I LOVE your poire table! It IS so "Frenchy"!!! Love the colors and the centerpiece and the roses and herbs! How French is that?

Next time we come to Wichita, I will let you know -- for I'd love to visit On Crooked Creek!

Modern Country Lady said...

So cosy and sweet! I love it!
Hugs
Bea

Diane said...

Ooh la la is right! I feel like I have taken a trip to Provence!! Love those placemats and plates.

The Tablescaper said...

So pretty! Such beautifully rich colors!!!!

It would be great to have you link to Seasonal Sundays one of these weeks. I have a GIVE AWAY going on.

- The Tablescaper

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Very pretty and such a cozy spot for a meal.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

First of all..hank you from my heart dear Pat for your prayers for our Sil. Your dishes, place mats, napkin folds and rings are gorgeous! Your poire table is lovely, indeed! Thank you for your sweet and kind comments on my table and MD gift. Luv ya!
FABBY

bj said...

What a sweet and romantic table. Love it, dear heart.

Marlis said...

a perfect poire!!! Loved going through our design process. The end result is fabulous. I love the red behind the plates, it makes the plates pop. sorry wasn't here earlier,, had some internet issues. have a wonderful weekend, xo marlis

Susan Freeman said...

Love your linens and that cloche too!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh this is gorgeous. I love it. The colors are so pretty and so cheery and I love the plate. Of course a cloche makes everything perfect to me. Gorgeous tablescape. Hugs, Marty

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks so pretty Pat...save me a seat!

Sue said...

Lovely!