The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Too Close for Comfort. . .

The weather on the Prairie can be quite frightening during the months of March ~ to~ October!
Last night was. . .Too Close for Comfort. . .
a tornado struck just West and three miles North of our home!!!




"Mr. Ed" and I watched most of the evening while the weatherman kept interrupting with updates as the storms approached from Oklahoma! Around 8:30 pm., we begin to make arrangements to do some TV viewing in the lower level living room On Crooked Creek!



Where "Mr. Ed" and I had entertained guests for an after dinner dessert and fellowship just last Saturday. . .this spot became our safe haven while we waited out the storm raging above us!



This is an aerial view of the destruction to our North. Fortunately for us, we didn't sustain any damage.




Even with the rain and wind, not even a chair was overturned on our deck. Strangely enough, the water was sucked out of the concrete birdbath!




A daylight view of some of the intense damage @ Spirit Aerosystems. . .where our son is employed as a designing engineer. He and others have the next two days off due to power outages.

On Crooked Creek our night was spent in prayers. . . 
We came up from the lower level living room. . . safe and grateful that we, our loved ones and friends had been spared from the storm! The only thing left to do was to go to Worship this morning!!!


Until next time. . .

13 comments:

Martha said...

Pat -- I am so glad you and Ed are safe. That storm was way too close! But glad you have such a safe spot to ride out the storm in.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my Pat! I'm so thankful you and your hubby are okay! Watching these storms on TV has been just terrifying!
Blessings,
Shelia ;)

Donna said...

Glad you are safe. I was praying for everybody.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh darling Pat, I'm so happy nothing happened to you and Ed! You guys are very blessed! Wow, it sure lookes awful, my goodness. I hope there is no dead people. Prayers are going for the families that lost they¡re homes. Thank you for your lovely and kind visit, I appreciate it. Have a safe and nice week.
FABBY

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Wow that was a close call. You were really protected from that storm.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Pat...I am so happy you are safe!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Was thinking of you over the weekend Pat. We utilized the weather radio, for the first time this season. We had watches and warnings...lots of lightning, rain, hail, but no wind.

One of my old school friends lives near Smileyburg is that near you? They spent the night downstairs also.

Just a side note about my friend in KS...her folks owned a gas station with cabins on the road to Bennett. Bennett Spring has a special place in her heart, too.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I'm so glad you weathered the storm! I can't imagine living with the threat of tornadoes. Stay safe. The season isn't over!

janzi said...

I am new to your blog, but the weather scare must have been big, no wonder its a bit frightening when you see all the damage done by the high winds etc.. stoic is what I would call you and all the others that sit in the line of fire!! What real pioneers you all are.. I live near Derby in Uk, so hugs from across the pond..J

bj said...

Yes, I would say that WAS, indeed, too close for comfort.
Both our son and daughter have basements and we have one across the street at our neighbors. So far, this part of Texas hasn't had tornadoes....we used to have them very often but since the weather is changing so much, they aren't bad around here now.
xoxo

Babs said...

Pat,I'm so glad y'all are safe. Tornadoes are so scary. We get a good many here and a lot when we lived in Indiana.
Stay safe.
Babs

Miss Gracie's House said...

How scary...but thankful all is well with you!
Rene'

podso said...

I guess I missed this post. Just checking in on you today. So thankful you were safe and sound. We heard about this storm on our news.