The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Delivery On Crooked Creek!

Since the renovation of the lower level family room On Crooked Creek, "Mr. Ed" and I began a search for a new sofa. The original plan was to put the Traditional Sofa with the Southwestern fabric in the finished family room.



Problem being the 1990's overstuffed sofa wouldn't fit the 1970's narrow staircase On Crooked Creek! So~o~o. . .the sofa has remained in the upper level living room ever since!


I've been giving the "idea" of a new sofa On Crooked Creek some thought from time ~ to ~ time for nearly 5 years! During President's Day Weekend, I told "Mr. Ed". . ."I'm ready to purchase a new sofa!"



Still Traditional styling ~ smaller in scale ~ and a neutral color palette. We purchased our new sofa during the Annual President's Day $ale!




This past week. . .there was a . . . delivery On Crooked Creek!


Until next time. . .

FYI:
During the month of March, I'm aspiring to connect each post On Crooked Creek with a  Green theme. Keep in mind that the word green has multiple meanings. In this post  the Green theme was the amount of greenbacks $aved on a major purchase!

10 comments:

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

It's funny how men get so attached to furniture. My hubby just saw an old video of our blue/pink 90's couch and said, "Boy I miss that couch!" I don't get it. They're so funny.

I like the new sofa, very neutral.

Carey

Rebecca Nelson said...

I love it! Love the neutral choice as it will go with everything and more! Yum! I smiled at your old couch! My mom had one very similar! Funny how we can date things just by the fabrics!

Thanks for sharing~Happy March! xoRebecca

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Love the new neutral sofa. It looks great.

podso said...

The new sofa looks wonderful, Good for you to take advantage of that sale and go for something you've thought over for a long time. Like your green theme!

Martha said...

A nice sofa! Congratulations on finding a new sofa at a great price that's PERFECT for your space!

bj said...

*shhhhhhhh......
something going on at SweetNothings that you aren't to know about....
*shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great new sofa my friend, I love it, it's perfect and very contmporary. Thanks for your lovely visit at mom's tea party...I crushed her home just to take photos of her table, I wasen't invited, lol...only her school friends, hehehe...
Hugs,
FABBY

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great choice for your new sofa, love the neutral color. They always work, so you can change out pillows and accessories for a new look so much easier! xo

Babs said...

Pat, Your new sofa looks great and the neutral color gives you a lot of options for pillows and throws. Lots of fun thing to play with. I like the chocolate brown with it.

Miss Char said...

Don't know how I missed this post Pat, I love the new look and the color will serve you well for years to come. The traditional style is right up my design preference.