The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Celtic Tablescape. . .

Upon the arrival of the Farmhouse dining room chairs last Fall, I've been striving for a Frenchy Farmhouse Style On Crooked Creek. Tablescaping has been challenging for this Traditionalist!



Featuring my Majolica Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage dinnerware for St. Patrick's Day was the goal for this Celtic Tablescape. After several attempts ~ my finished style comes from an unexpected inspiration!



An heirloom, white eyelet tablecloth serves as the background.



Atop the eyelet tablecloth, I added brown quilted, scalloped place mats. The center of the place mat reminds me of a Celtic Knot!




Layering of our everyday white and sage green dinnerware elevates the Majolica Bordolla Pinherio cabbage dessert / salad plates giving them a stately presence.




We prefer our everyday flatware for its sleek lines, simple beaded edging and its heft in ones hand. Freshly pressed, white linen napkins keep distractions to a minimum.




Everyday bubble goblets paired with our bee stemware sets this tablescape for tomorrow mornings breakfast.




The unexpected inspiration for our Celtic Tablescape is an heirloom figurine ~ March Angel!




I placed our vintage March Angel figurine atop a candle jar lid disguised with a vintage miniature crocheted doily.









This delicate little "lassie" stands in front of a column of vintage white milk glass bud bases filled with soft yellow hued faux florals.






These combined elements are placed on a footed, wooden round tray to create an easily removable centerpiece for dining.





Simplistic,

Celtic Tablescape for St.Patrick's Day,

in the Farmhouse Style!





Until next time. . .


FYI:

During the month of March, I'm aspiring to connect each post On Crooked Creek with a Green theme. Keep in mind that the word green has multiple meanings. In this post the Green theme reduce is featured. By reducing the amount of decor items used in this Celtic Tablescape, On Crooked Creek kept a simple dining experience during meal times.

21 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

So pretty Pat! I LOVE those plates! And they look so good with the placemats....love this!

Lou Cinda

Marigene said...

Simple, yet elegant!

labbie1 said...

Simple and beautiful! I am particularly smitten with your seeded glass goblets!

podso said...

Very sweet! I like the green against the darker brown color. Looks great! I hope you enjoy a nice dinner at that table...

Shug said...

Glad I found your blog...I had a wonderful visit!
blessings,
shug

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

That a fun idea Pat... connecting all your posts to a green theme! So clever! Don't you love green and brown? It is a perfect combo.
Thanks for your warm welcome back, dear friend!
Yvonne

Martha said...

A very pretty table! And I think very Gaelic!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Lovely tablescape, Pat! Love the idea of going green in March! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Babs said...

Pat, It looks like you're all ready for St. Pat's. I'd better get a move on and think of a post. LOVE your Bordallo plates.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Really like your majolica plates. Love using the old milk glass vases. And the adorable little month angel..I love those!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love the look, simple yet festive. I'm a new follower and I'd like to invite you to join our link party at WIW, we'd love to have you!
Hugs,
Patti

Barb said...

So lovely, Pat. The green is simply glorious!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Barb ♥

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a fresh and pretty table! You made a great choice with that tablecloth. Sounds like you have a great month planned. Good idea!

bj said...

Love this, Pat. You did a nice job.

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Hi Pat...

Fabu celtic table...I think this is one of my favorites holidays because green is my favorite color! Not to mention that my hubby is as Irish as Paddy's pig!
Stopping by from 21 Rosemary Lane to give you the Liebster Blog award. Yeah! Hop on over to collect it and the rules to passing it along.

Congratulations!!!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Mornin' Pat...

Just stopping in to say hello and see what you've been up to, dear friend! It looks like you are keeping busy with your March "Green" theme. I love that idea! Oooh...and you have set a beautiful green table too! I love your Bordallo cabbage salad plates! They really are perfect for the month of March and St. Patrick's day. I too, like green paired with brown. It seems like the brown just makes the green look even more spring-like! Love the pretty table centerpiece that you created! The little March angel is just precious! A beautiful table...thank you for sharing it with us today!

Well dear friend, I do hope that you are doing well! Have a wonderfully sweet week!

Love ya,
Chari

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love this 'scape, Pat. The colors and textures are wonderful! Beautiful!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

So gorgeous - I love those green plates! Happy St Patrick's Day!

Sarahx

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty table Pat!! I do so love those round table mats!! I need to find some of those!!! Love the little angel and bit of lace too!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Clearly everyone did a St. Patrick's Day post except me, yours is so darling by the way.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Stopping by to say Hi and see if you are okay! Miss you!
Yvonne