The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, February 27, 2012

It Is NO Secret!

It is no secret ~

I l o v e S u n f l o w e r s!



So ~ o ~ o . . .
after the Christmas decorations were put away. . .
I put together this S u n f l o w e r tabletop vignette!



My son and daughter ~ in ~ law gifted me with four (three shown here) S u n f l o w e r trays. I adore them!!!



At Christmas, "Mr. Ed" gifted me with a new addition to my Willow Tree Collection ~ Brothers!




My red Party~Lite collection fills out the right side of this
S u n f l o w e r vignette!




Although a pricey purchase, I was drawn to the heft and detailing on the base of this footed bowl.




The slender curvature of these candlesticks brings movement to this vignette.




The glass s u n f l o w e r dish has exquisite detail and mimics a piece of stained glass! I filled the footed bowl with bronze and gold orbs purchased for $1 each at a local antique shop.




Can you tell which orb is my favorite???




Although change is constant On Crooked Creek ~ perhaps this S u n f l o w e r vignette could linger awhile.


Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creek will be joining our sweet hostess, Marty for Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life. Be sure to visit and be inspired for some fabulous ideas to make gorgeous vignettes in your own home!

14 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

your sunflowers give hope for a summer to come!

Martha said...

Your love of sunflowers is NO secret!!! Love the vignette!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful sunflower vignette, Pat.

Thursday is opening day at Bennett! Our friends in Lebanon will be there for the first time in a few years. They've spent their winters in Texas for about 8 years. They like to be at Bennett for the whistle, March 1.:-)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

That elegant bowl is perfect for your frequent changeups. Looks beautiful with your candlesticks. You are such a sunny lady! Beautiful!

Gina said...

This is such a pretty vignette, Pat! Sunflowers are always so cheerful. The footed bowl is beautiful.

labbie1 said...

Everything is beautiful, but I Love love LOVE those bronze and gold orbs!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

YOur sunflower vignette is so pretty. Sunflowers in any form just give us a feeling of happiness. XO, Pinky

podso said...

Very nicely done. Sunflowers are such cheery flowers! They would make any place a lot brighter! The bowl is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, I love your sunflowers too! Those trays are really pretty and how sweet to know they came from your loved ones. The bowl is beautiful with the orbs which I get in trouble with because I call them balls! ;)
Your sunflowers are promising the summertime to come.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I love sunflowers and yours remind me that spring is around the corner. Love it!

Babs said...

Pat, Your sunflower vignette is perfect for any season. Great color and texture.

Sue said...

How pretty! Sunflowers make me smile! I can't believe you got the orbs for only $1 each...what a deal! Everything really works well together on your table. I have a vintage giveaway on my blog right now if you have time to visit!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love sunflowers also, they are so happy. Your display is beautiful. The figurine and the orbs are wonderful additions. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Jill said...

I love your sunflowers and the creative way that you have displayed them. What fun! I'll be back soon!