The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Double Take!

While visiting a local Antique Shop last week, Roadhouse Antiques, I came across an oil painting ~ signed~ yet unframed for $5. I was quite pleased ~not only with the reasonable price ~ but the subject matter of the painting.
It made me do a Double Take!


This oil painting of the birds in a vintage, galvanized pail hanging off the outdoor faucet is liken to that of an artifact "Mr. Ed" and I purchased while stationed in Germany.



When we saw this artifact in a shop in Germany, "Mr. Ed" and I were transformed back to his family farm on the Prairie of Kansas.




Birds nesting in a vintage farm pail on the Prairie is a natural occurrence. My beloved in~laws would not have disturbed this nest.



So~o~o. . .I knew these two would compliment each other for a Spring themed vignette On Crooked Creek. . .





. . .and needing to replace the Christmas vignette in the entry hall gave me a perfect place to perch the two.



Shopping the lower level On Crooked Creek, I brought up the wrought iron birdcage.



These faux moss spheres are velvety to the touch and appear to have bits of bird feathers in their composition.



The addition of the a birds nest adds to the authenticity.




Doing a Double Take. . .On Crooked Creek!


Until next time . . .

11 comments:

podso said...

Cleaver .. and a lovely double take. What a fun find for you, and how good you must feel about cleaning out today!

podso said...

Cleaver .. and a lovely double take. What a fun find for you, and how good you must feel about cleaning out today!

Marigene said...

Lovely vignette, Pat. Great find...I would have snatched it up, too. I have found several oils at thrift stores for very little.

Martha said...

How serendipitous! And, of course, it HAD to come home with you!!!!

And a perfect vignette for Spring!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect vignette Pat!! That picture is just so sweet! So wish I could paint like that instead of just walls!

bee blessed
mary

Mary said...

Pat~ What a sweet painting~ I wouldn't have been able to resist it either! How uncanny it matches your little artifact so perfectly! What a wonderful spring vignette~ I'm partial to anything related to birds, nests, eggs & feathers :) Enjoy your Sunday~

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

It was meant to be and I am sure you did a double take. Your vignette looks wonderful!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

OMG! This may be just a coincidence but that painting looks an awful lot like one I have that my grandmother did. Her's was a painting she did of two wrens drinking water out of the bucket she used to keep under her spicket at her home. This looks very much like her style too. May I ask who the signed artist is? I can send a picture of my grandmothers painting as well. Thanks!

Babs said...

Oh, Pat, You have a great find in the oil painting! That was "a steal". Love the little birds, and your vignette. I'm thinking Spring, too.
Happy Sunday.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow...how pretty...and a double take indeed! They were meant for each other! Pretty vignette, Pat! Happy Sunday!...hugs...Debbie

labbie1 said...

What a wonderful and serendipitous find! That birdcage is really delightful as well! Nicely done! Welcome spring!