The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Softer Side of Dining ~

On Crooked Creek has gone soft, totally!

Dear Ones,

I cherish each of you who are loyal followers and those of you who visit today. In honor of your presence I've set a softer side of Autumn tablescape. Won't you join me? Please, have a seat.


I'm using my creamy white rose embossed tablecloth with a soft beige topper. I've placed it on an angle and scrunched it for a softer effect.



I've dressed the chandelier in amber orange beaded garland and topped the candlesticks with creamy ivory silk shades. This makes for soft ambient lighting overhead.



A simple glass hurricane filled with a battery pillar candle.  At the base is a seasonal acorn wreath with amber oranges, caramelized rusts, honey golds, and a hint of sage green.  To add some needed height to the pillar, I disguised another of my candle jar lids in the base of the hurricane. A sprinkling of glass beads accentuates the shimmering glow from the candle.


To extend the softer side of Autumn, I've placed small caramelized rust glass pumpkins with sage green leaves on either side of the place setting. The finishing touch is a satin sage green ribbon tied with my signature short, fat bow. The softness of these little pumpkins warms my heart.



In keeping with the Traditional colors of Autumn, I chose my amber orange scalloped, quilted place mats. The back side of the place mat has the most delicate floral motif of caramelized rusts, honey golds, and sage greens.


All the same hues in a festive paisley and floral pattern for the napkin. Today, in honor of your visit, I used some vintage stainless steel flatware with scallops and roses!



One of my passions On Crooked Creek is my love of dishes! So~o~o, in your honor, I've mixed several patterns of my favorites.


So~o~o hard to choose a favorite.  Which do you prefer?



I didn't promise to make this easy. Let's peel away the layers for a better look to make your selection.


JIMENAU  European dessert plate ~ Made in German Democratic Republic. . .



My everyday white porcelain Coventry Collection salad plate . . .


My vintage Epicure Turquoise Blue Homer Laughlin dinner plate. . .


Finally, my Artland Chili Pepper over sized dinner plates!

Were you able to choose a favorite? I have a favorite. . . can you guess?




I've added my German Democratic Republic Coffee pot and filled it with steaming creme brulee flavored coffee for our enjoyment.



Pardon me, dear, would you like cream or sugar?


Allow me, please, to pour you another cup of coffee, as we partake in one another's friendship long into the evening hours.


Alas, the time has passed far too quickly and we must bid farewell. On Crooked Creek has truly been blessed with your presence. I do hope you'll visit again, soon, dear friend.


Until next time. . .




http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

On Crooked Creek is joining our gracious hostess, Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday! Please visit and be inspired to set a memorable tablescape for your own dining experience.

8 comments:

Marigene said...

Beautiful table...I think turquoise and orange are my new favorite color combo! Pretty, pretty napkins, Pat. Hope you are enjoying this fine autumn weather...

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

I just stumbled onto your site and love the soft autumn vignette that you have created. Very pretty! I am a new blogger and your newest follower. I hope you will follow me too! Blessings to you!

Martha said...

I like your softer table! Lovely!

Signing Out said...

Very pretty autumn tablescape! I love how you mixed and matched your gorgeous dishes. I especially like the soft paisley napkins.


Jane at frugalfineliving.com
Join us on Facebook!

Unknown said...

Love your colors! Looks great! Thanks for sharing! JoAnn

Alycia Nichols said...

I'm diggin' this softer side! Sometimes we get so caught up in the deep, dark hues of autumn that we forget how pretty softer colors can be and how well they work in our decorating. Very nice!

Betty said...

Beautiful table setting!

Betty @ Country Charm

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How pretty your soft autumn colors are! Love the pale blues mixed in. Such pretty dishes what a lovely mix.