The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

"Mr.Ed" Makes Breakfast!

Dear Ones,

Sometimes in life . . . when you least expect it . . . you receive a pleasant surprise.

Surprise!


"Mr. Ed" makes breakfast!!!


What's On The Menu? 9



Breakfast Menu:

Fresh Strawberries
Scrambled Eggs
Sour Cream Biscuits
Orange Juice
Colombian Coffee



Sliced fresh strawberries!
You'd think at the end~of~the~Season they'd have lost their sweetness. These were every bit as sweet as those first strawberries back in April On Crooked Creek.


Scrambled eggs...light and fluffy. . .topped with grated cheese.
Just the way I like them!


Sour Cream Biscuits.
By adding a shy 1/4 cup of sour cream to the batter, these biscuits are lighter in texture and the flavor is greatly enhanced. Just add butter and jam!



Orange juice and Colombian Coffee. On Crooked Creek, a breakfast fit for company. . .except. . ."Mr. Ed" made it just for me!

Until next time. . .



http://www.stonegable.blogspot.com/
 On Crooked Creek is joining our gracious hostess, YvonneStoneGable for On The Menu Monday ! Be sure to visit and be inspired to surprise your family with something new from the best menus , recipes and tips!

15 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pat, What a darling and romantic thing to do! Your breakfast looks scrumptious! Great idea to add sour cream to biscuits! YUMMY!
xo Yvonne

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

AWW, isn't that sweet! I hope you gave Mr. Ed a big hug! Now, please tell me that YOU set that beautiful table! If you say he did, I just might cry:):) YOu are livin the good life my friend:):) XO, Pinky

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

absolutely charming!
luv the sour cream tip too!

bj said...

Yummm...and how romantic. Mr. Ed sure is a keeper.
I have been adding a dollop of sour cream to almost everything I bake lately. It's wonderful...and...I love my scrambled eggs with cheese, too.:)

On Crooked Creek said...

Pinky,
In a way...YES...he did set the table. I stage the tablescape On Crooked Creek. During the week "Mr. Ed" empties the dishwasher and re~sets the table each morning. So~o~o...YES...he does set the table!Ha! Nearing retirement, he has begun to take on a few more "domestic" responsibilites. It's a "good thing"!
Fondly,
Pat

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

thanks for the tip about the sour creme. I like my eggs the same way!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Ooh, what a lovely, lovely surprise!! I shall have to leave this post casually open on my computer for my family to see!!

It looks utterly delicious!

Sarahx

Babs said...

That's is so special for him to do and sour cream biscuits sound delicious with the scrambled eggs. Enjoy your special breakfast together.Lucky you. :)

Red Couch Recipes said...

What a lovely thing to do! Question, do you just add the sour cream to a normal baking powder biscuit recipe? Sounds yummy! Joni

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Awww, Mr. Ed sounds like a "keeper"!! What a sweet breakfast for two...lucky YOU!!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

So glad you shared this, Pat!
xo Yvonne

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

It looks so delicious! What a sweetie of a husband to make this for you! And it looks so pretty too! A pretty table makes everything seem so special! Angie xo

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

OH that is so romantic. I think you should keep Mr. Ed.

GwendolynKay said...

What a lovely and delish breakfast!

Bernideen said...

Those sour cream biscuits looks most impressive! I enjoyed my visit here!