The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Keep It Simple. . .

On Crooked Creek felt this would be the perfect chance to expose you to the continuation of the softer side of Autumn on the front porch! So~o~o. . . I've joined the party hosted by Barb @ Grits and Glamour. . .

Keep It Simple Party


The soft muted Autumn hues have totally captured my spirit for this Season's decorating indoors and out!





Using a vintage iron work plant holder, I added white cracked planters. "Mr. Ed" cut and fitted white Styrofoam to fill each planter. Then, I inserted a wooden cooking skewer that I broke to the desired height.



Next, I added grayish Spanish Moss around the perimeter of the planter.




Gently, I pushed this Styrofoam pumpkin atop of the skewer!




Continuing the process until all three planters were filled with a softer side of Autumn!




I adore the look! Don't you just adore those curly stems on the pumpkins?




"Mr. Ed" volunteered his "road find" galvanized bucket to fill in the void space at the base of the plant stand.


This photo shot is taken through the glass as I'm looking from the inside out! I'm quite smitten with how the plant stand of pumpkins enhances the wreath on my painless window!




A quick trip to Lowe's for a newly purchased pot of soft white mums to fill "Mr. Ed's" galvanized bucket. . .



Additional bunches of grayish Spanish moss complete the look for this corner of the front porch. On Crooked Creek's. . .Keep It Simple!

Until next time. . .

Thank you to Barb @ Grits and Glamour for hosting this simply divine meme!


7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well how cute is this. I love it. I love the pumpkins in the wreath also and using them on the iron piece is just perfect. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

podso said...

I do like your softer side. And Mr. Ed has a good eye as well; he knew just what was needed!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

LOVE it! I just knew we would be seeing some simply beautiful projects. Love that wreath and window on the wall too. Thanks so much for joining in the very first Keep It Simple Party. Blessings, Barb

Barb said...

This is adorable, Pat. Really pretty!!

Barb

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This is wonderful Pat. I love the white with the pumpkins and the mum in the bucket is beautiful! The backdrop of the stone is perfect.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Very cute! Love the metal stand! And the mum in the galvanized bucket is the perfect addition! :)

GwendolynKay said...

Creative and charming!! You have a lovely blog. I am your newest follower.
Blessings~