The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Autumnal Header ~

As each Season changes On Crooked Creek ~
I find it takes me longer than I anticipate to accomplish switching out the decor. Finally~ the Traditional China Cabinet is completed with an Autumnal Header. . . just in time to welcome the first day of Fall 2011.



I adore this French Country themed willow basket. It appears to have been done in the Annie Sloan fashion that I'm seeing on Blog Land posts. It's soft creamy whites are right in keeping with my softer side of Autumn decor. You'll also find some soft tans with an overcasting of subtle hued grays.



Mimicking Nature's turning leaves are these soft~to~the~touch, soft hued, leaf and acorn picks. Amber oranges, caramelized rusts, honey golds, and sage greens are all combined and bring softness to the edges of the cabinet. Purchased last year @ Roadhouse Antiques.



A pair of quail continue the softer side of Autumn with their creamy whites, honey golds and tans. One is placed atop a book to give a sense of flow across the header.



I adore the amber orange gourd with it's tan glazing . . . giving a vintage effect! Another find @ Roadhouse Antiques from last year.



Finishing off my Autumnal Header are my green handled, glazed pottery jars and more of the leaf and acorn picks. Secretly, I filled the large jar with caramelized rust mums. The small jar held creamy white mums. I felt the artistry of the pottery was smothered...so~o~o, I removed them. I prefer the arts 'd objects look!



On Crooked Creek, I could get use to this softer side of Autumn decor. It's easy on the budget, easy on the eyes. . . and so easy to design!


From top~to~bottom. . . the softer side of Autumn is complete with the addition of the Autumnal Header.

Softly Welcoming Fall 2011!


Until next time. . .

10 comments:

bj said...

This is all so pretty...yes, I like the softer colors of Autumn.
I still haven't decorated one bit..Actually, I seldom decorate for fall..Maybe a wreath and a few pumpkins..I would like some autumn leaves if I can find the softer colors like yours.
My decorating thing is CHRISTMAS and I put out a lot less "stuff" than I used to. :))....I think that comes with age. *shhhhhh

Babs said...

Your Autumn header is so pretty and I like how you arranged everything. I'm lovin' the basket and green jars. You gave your cabinet just the right touch for Fall. Love your softer side of Autumn colors.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I always enjoy hearing from you.
Babs

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I guess I've joined you for the softer side of fall! I love your pretty arrangement. I also looked at the post with the vintage planter, and it made me wish I had mine back. I sold it this summer. oops. The curves are so pretty and graceful.

podso said...

Looks so nice! I love your green pots~

Martha said...

I like what you did and love your softer side of Autumn -- it's pretty . LOVE the basket and those jars!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I just adore your hutch. It is wonderful and your displays are all wonderful. You do have everything arranged so beautifully. Love the basket and the beautiful green jars. I also really like the vignette showcasing your cloche and the beautiful silver service. Stunning. Hugs, Marty

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh Pat, it looks SO pretty and I agree that the pots are beautiful standing alone! Love your "sofetr side of Autumn"!!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! XO, Pinky

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful, beautiful... and so soothing.

Abi's Blog said...

Very Pretty! I think you've inspired me to change out my hutch before Christmas. :)
Blessings,
Ava

Kathleen said...

I like the softer colors too. Orange is ok outside, just not fond of it inside!
Your hutch looks lovely, and so does your breakfast! DH does not care for
BC, who lives out here, in fact, TR who is on her show sometimes is my neighbor.
DH is a good cook though, so I don't mind!