The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

What's On The Menu? 2

What's On The Menu Monday . . . Week Two!

"Mr. Ed" NOT yet retired was ON CALL during the Fourth of July weekend. We canceled all previous plans and stayed home On Crooked Creek.  Having three days off from work together usually results in a project or two and home cooked meals.

So~o~o. . . here's what's On The Menu!



MENU:

Chicken Salad on/a Croissant
Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes
Peach Cobbler
Iced Tea



Each Chicken Salad on/a Croissant is topped with finely shredded cheese, fresh sliced tomatoes and torn lettuce leaves.


Cut up new red potatoes, zucchini squash,  and onion topped with coarse sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, freshly chopped rosemary and thyme. Toss all the vegetables lightly in extra virgin olive oil and roast in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

The easiest Peach Cobbler ever! Open three cans of sliced peaches chop slightly, pour into a 9" X 13"baking pan. Top with dry white or yellow cake mix. Place slices of butter in pats over the top and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Serve with ice cream or Half and Half while still warm.



Even better as a snack when warmed in the microwave later in the evening. I serve mine with a cup of hot tea to enhance the flavor of the cobbler!. . .and Half and Half. . .of course!




My beloved Mother~in~law, Mary, gifted me with many of her vintage tablecloths when we retired from active duty and moved to "The Dream Home" in South East Kansas! One "Mr. Ed's" favorites is this Red, White, and Blue!


I adore the center blocking floral pattern for holding a centerpiece or main course menu item!



My favorite part of the tablecloth is the outlying border. Vivid Red, purest White, and clearest Blue.




Not wanting to cover the beautiful border of this vintage tablecloth with place mats, I chose White dinner plates for chargers! Then, I added our blue enamelware atop the charger in keeping with our Fourth of July theme.


My white salad plate and another pattern blue enamelware bowl complete the dinner ware for our meal. I choose my everyday flatware to accentuate the silver rim on the enamel ware plate.




Clear bubble stemware keeps the theme of the holiday with an explosion of color when filled with my Red fringed napkins folded and then fanned!




This place setting, with the addition of some of our freshly cut garden florals is shaping up nicely On Crooked Creek!







In each of the three individual vases, I placed a sprig of mint with purple cone flower and a shasta daisy. Oh, ladies, the aroma of that mint at the table is divine! Aren't these dainty white vases just the cutest things???



The place of honor is reserved for "Mr. Ed", my favorite Veteran! The American Flag is the finishing touch On Crooked Creek for our stay ~ at ~ home Fourth of July celebration!

Until next time. . .



I'm joining Yvonne @ StoneGable for her new weekly meme What's On The Menu Monday . . . be sure to visit all the delicious, mouth watering recipes in Blog Land and be inspired to make some home cooked meals for your family!!!

8 comments:

Thepearsonfamilee said...

Love your menu...it all looks so delicious! Visiting from Yvonne's linky party. Lovely blog! :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love your red white and blue vintage tablecloth and the blue enamelware plates!! I saw some in Jamesport last year and almost bought them. Now I am kicking myself!

Martha said...

lovely table a nd wonderful menu!

Marigene said...

Love the vintage tablecloth...the food looks yummy, too, Pat!

Leslie's Garden said...

Oh wow!The chicken salad croissants look so delicious! I think i'll have them next week! Your table is so festive, that white salad plate really caught my eye, it's so pretty.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh-h-h, I love the vintage tablecloth...so pretty! Your food looks delicious, too.

Emreen said...

Love the table cloth, the flower arrangements... and the 4th of July themed tablescape is beautiful !!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Okay, Pat... I had to read your peach cobbler recipe about 5 times. I thought I missed something. No, I didn't. This delicious looking dessert only has 3 ingredients and it looks so good!
I am going to make this for sure! Thanks so much for this dessert!
I am so happy that you participate in ON THE MENU MONDAY! You add so much yumminess to our party!
Yvonne