The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dog Days of Summer!

Although the official Dog Days of Summer are due to arrive midJuly through mid ~ August, On Crooked Creek is experiencing unique Dog Days all on its own!!! Grand Dog Days, to be more exact!





Our Grand Dog . . .  Roscoe!

Isn't he handsome??? Our son and daughter ~ in  ~ law just recently returned from vacation. While they were gone. . ."Mr. Ed" and I were asked to dog sit. Well, of course, we said yes!!!




We shared a few good dog laughs. . .



                                                          . . . and, of course, a few dog snacks!




Listened to the stories of the day from "Mr. Ed"!




But, alas. . .
that week did seem like an awfully long time to be away from my Master and Mistress.




It is true. That saying that dogs leave "paw prints" on your heart! Here On Crooked Creek our Grand Dog left his paw prints on our deck, as well!!!


Until next time. . .


8 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a cutie, Pat! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a Grand dog! lol Mine is a Chihuahua named Paco! Come on over! I'm having a giveaway...8 place settings of Pfaltzgraff's Lido Beach dinnerware! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Martha said...

What a sweet dog --

And I think we have dog days now -- it has been so hot here!!!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Your granddog is a cutie, Pat. I loved seeing all the photos. I can see his personality!:-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! What a sweet post and little Roscoe is a very handsome fellow! Our dog days of summer are here I'm afraid! It's hotter than words! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Oh what a sweet house guest to have and looks like a well behaved one as well...Did he move far from his bed?

Blessings Kelsie

Anonymous said...

Grand-dog sitting is so much fun. They just add so much laughter and delight to our lives. We love our grand-dogs! I'm sure though Roscoe was glad to see Mom and Dad, just as ours always are.

Till next time...
God bless you.
Ginger

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

That is a sweet looking doggie.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I forgot to mention that I am a new follower.