The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Roasted Chicken & Vegetables

Eating healthy is what's On The Menu this week On Crooked Creek!

A Summer shower combined with thunder prompted cooler temperatures on the Prairie this evening. Grilled Chicken became Roasted Chicken in a flash!


It's Roasted Chicken and Vegetables tonight On Crooked Creek.


Just a few tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat the bottom of my 9" X 13" White French Country baking dish.




Two chicken breasts sprinkled lightly with McCormick Grill Mates (25% Less Sodium) Montreal Chicken seasoning. Four small carrots washed, peeled and cut in half lengthwise. One ~  half red pepper sliced into strips and Onion sliced in rings. Season with coarse sea salt, coarsely ground black pepper, sweet basil, and parsley flakes. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes.



Remove from oven. . .


. . . cover with aluminum foil and let rest while you prepare . . . noodles.



NO YOLKS
Cholesterol  Free Egg White Pasta
NO Cholesterol  *  Low Fat  *  Low Sodium

Bring water to a rapid boil. Slowly add NO YOLKS stirring occasionally. Boil uncovered 10 ~ 12 minutes or until tender.





Drain and rinse with hot water.

 



Toss with butter and sprinkle lightly with parsley.



Now. . .
 where to serve that Roasted Chicken and Vegetables???


On our new Rebecca place mats and matching napkins. . .of course! I need color in my life. Reds, golds, and greens are my colors of choice On Crooked Creek. Many times, I cross the line between French Country and Tuscan Old World Style. The vibrant, rich hues give me comfort.


 
Layering dinnerware is a tradition On Crooked Creek. My favorite sage green scalloped dishes are raised to new heights.  For added warmth, I've placed my European Rostfrei flatware on the dining table this evening.
 
 
Tonight's menu is robustly hearty; therefore I'll remove the salad plates for this meal.
 
 
Although it continues to thunder and pour down outside the patio door, my Artland Chili Pepper dinner plates will reflect the amber glow of sunshine . Tonight, they will serve as chargers.
 
 
Rebecca place mats and matching napkins are from Park Design. Scalloped, round edges compliment the dinnerware.  
 
 
Wooden beaded napkin rings hold the matching napkins and compliment the handles on our flatware.
 
 

A simple centerpiece, Classic Majolica Handpainted Stoneware, a one~of~a~kind find at the Iron Star.  Enhanced by a vintage wooden lazy susan, the Tea Set is raised to well deserving stellar height. This darling three piece Tea Set was tucked away behind some Desert Rose China. I think it was waiting to join my Bordallo Pinheiro Collection, don't you?



 Close~up view of the back of my Classic Majolica Handpainted Stoneware Tea Pot.

 
Close ~ up view of the darling little creamer and sugar Classic Majolica Handpainted Stoneware.
 
 
 
A warmly set table to chase off the threat of storms on the Prairie. Time to fill our plates and give thanks.
 

Dinner in a f l a s h . . .On Crooked Creek!

Until next time. . . 




On Crooked Creek is linking to On The Menu Monday hosted by Yvonne @ StoneGable. Ladies if you missed this first weekly meme premier last week...put it on your sidebar as a must see!!!



Also, joining our sweet hostess Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday!Come see all the lovely tablescapes that ladies in the Land of Blog have prepared for you in this weekly meme! Inspiration abounds!

12 comments:

Martha said...

A lovely table and a lovely dinner! I thought that the tea set looked familiar!!!! One of the best things about getting back home was a visit to Iron Star -- and I wasn't disappointed -- new things came home to Linderhof!!

ShabbyESP said...

It looks so yummy!! I bet the aroma from the chicken and vegetables were wonderful!! Your table setting is stunning.
Enjoy your day!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Marigene said...

Roasted chicken with vegetables sounds delicious!
Your table looks so warm and welcoming...love the new placemats.

Marlis said...

Your flatware is actually by WMF, Rostfrei means that it won't rust. My mom had some - now where is that? ours was lost in our fire. Love your dishes. The colorful placemats are fabulous. Dinner is looking good.. what time was that? Happy Fourth, Many blessings, Marlis

Babs said...

Pat, Oh gosh that looks delicious and your tablescape is perfect. I, too, decorate in green, gold and red, but recently I'm trying to change the guest bedroom to a pale turquoise..(my header).
I'm going to try your recipe in the toaster oven as we'd be run out of the house from the heat if I turned on the big oven.
Thanks again for a great post.
Babs

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

It looks so delicious! Great tablescape:) I will give it a try for sure...perfect for summer. Thanks for sharing:)
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Chubby Chieque said...

What a delightful dinner you served.

Wish I could come and join. Your dishes looks so palatable and it looks more fancy with all your beautiful tablesettings.

Happy TS…

Stockholm sending a warm "hi"
/Chie

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Your dinner and table look so lovely...I will have to try the noodles one day...Seen them in the store but never been sure what to do with them besides the standard chicken dumplings that the southerns seem to like (not a big fan personally)

I do want to say thank you for reminding me that sometimes we need to slow down and enjoy the table and placement of food and dinnerware...so many nights here it is throwing the food at the table while tripping over the old dog, "helping toddler" and beloved hubby...Maybe I might try doing a slower service with out broiled fish tonight.

Much affection Kelsie

Entertaining Women said...

Yummy looking meal and I love the blue plates. Thank you for sharing your charming design and the recipe. I've saved it to serve for a summer meal. Cherry Kay

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

What a yummy, easy dinner!!! Just perfect. I love your linens, and dishes. The TEA SET is gorgeous!!!!! Oh how I love that! And the flatware too! Hope you are having a great weekend. XO, Pinky

Anonymous said...

Your dinner sounds and looks delicious! I love your teaset; what a great find!!

Emreen said...

Love the place mat.. And that tea pot is gorgeous... Lovely patterns...!!