The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Record Breaking High!

Spring temperatures on the Prairie are totally unpredictable. In one week . . . 7 days. . .we went from the lows of 33 degrees to a record breaking high of 100 degrees!



During the earlier part of the week, I warmed up our dining room table with a vibrant French Country color scheme. I adore reds,  golds and greens in my home decor!



Pots of faux yellow primrose and  zinnias combined with my creamy hued pears fill the crown wrought iron tray creating a low centerpiece and setting the color scheme for this tablescape. A single green pear adds character to the back of the tray, as well!



A Golden hued tablecloth with red and green vines mimics the red peppers on my dinnerware.



The striped floral reverse side of the scalloped place mat brings the Provence style to this tablescape. Dinner plate, dessert/salad plate and salad/soup bowl are flanked by my Rostfrei flatware. A purchase from our years of life on the German Economy. We adore it's wooden handles and rugged, relaxed countryside appeal.



A simple napkin fluffing. . .gathered into my rustic, metal dragonfly napkin rings fills in the voided areas around the base of the centerpiece tray and add softness to the setting.



The addition of bee stemware brings a touch of the French Country Garden to our dining table.



However; after a second glance, the bee stemware seems to be competing for its place of presence with the dragonfly napkin ring.




Bee stemware is switched for clear glass water goblets.



A completed look of color and warmth. . . just in time to experience the record breaking high 100 degree temperatures on the Prairie.


Ah ~ h ~ h, perhaps the soup bowl will become an
                     I C E   C R E A M bowl. . .just for today!


Until next time. . .




On Crooked Creek is joining our gracious hostess, Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for  Tablescape Thursday. Please visit BNOTP and be inspired to create a memorable dining experience for your own home decor!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Rich, warm & iniviting, Pat ... just lovely.
Have a beautiful eve ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

5 day GIVEAWAY, pop over

Babs said...

Pat, Oh I love your colors..ha.. those are most of the colors in my house too.
Your place mats and napkins are really pretty and I like the wooden handled flatware. Pretty table.. what time's supper? :)
I'm glad to see your post. I was worried about you.
Babs

The Tablescaper said...

Such beautiful reach jewel tone colors. Glad you are OK.

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

Pat your dining room looks so pretty! love the dishes!

Weather is crazy here too! We have had very chilly days but Sat and Sunday it was in the 80's then Monday it was snowing again!!

Raining today on and off but I was able to get out and putter a bit in the garden! Yea!

bee blessed
mary

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Another lovely table setting...I love the warm and inviting tones you used to complement the tableware.

Blessings Kelsie

PS: You are correct about the rose, though yours obviously blooms better than mine, I only got a single rose this yr.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a lovely tablescape, love it! I love your dishes and your dining room, very elegant! Your place mats and napkins are so pretty and so is your flatware. Very nice. I'm at BNOTO, also.
Hugs
FABBY

Lynn said...

Very pretty, I love the color combo! Your tablecloth and napkins are beautiful. We've been very fortunate in Philly, temps have been in the mid 70's for about a week now, love that:@)

Bonnie Bee said...

I to LOVE the richness of the golds & reds.. and your table is just a gorgeous design in richness... The dishes & flatware are very unique... perfect for your tablescape!

Marigene said...

Beautiful country table, Pat. Not only do I really like the dishes, the napkins and placemats are so lovely.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

HI Pat, beautiful table! I love the colors and the DISHES are terrific! My daughter loves dragon flies and would love those napkin rings! I ahve the same bee stemware and water goblets! Have a great weekend and I hope the temps level out a little:):) XO, Pinky

Martha said...

A beautiful table!!! Gosh, I can't believe the temp swings!!! Oh, wait a minute, I can -- it's Kansas! It's been beautiful weather here in England -- and not much rain!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pat,
Now those are temperature extremes! I'll take the 33 over the 100. I'm not a girl who enjoys the heat.

YOur table is so artfully mixed. There is someting so appealing about a mix of color and design done well. And you did it to perfection. Simply beautiful.

I just prayed for your Encouragement talk. I'm sure everyone will be blessed by you!
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful table, I adore the colors!! with those temp. ice cream sounds like a good idea :)
Thanks for sharing, Jannet

Katinka Locascio said...

Hi Pat, Lovely table decor, so very inspiring! I noticed you have the same dragonfly napkin rings we do- do you happen to remember where they are from. We wanted to get a second set but I can't seem to remember where we bought them. Many thanks!