The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Celebrating Baby Kitty's Big Day!

H A P P Y   B I R T D A Y   B A B    K I T T Y ! 






Dear Baby Kitty,

My, owner, Pat @ On Crooked Creek and I wish you a purr ~ fect day filled with joy and wishes from all the felines and their owners from the Land of Blog!!! 

Our knowledge of each other began when Pat was a "lurker"! It wasn't long before Pat was hooked and followed a few ladies regularly. . . Confessions of a Plate Addict title caught her eye. Pat  l o v e s plates! Not only did she enjoy reading Debbie's blog. . . but she was excited to meet "The Staff".  

Pat thinks Kitty and I could be twins!!! I heard her many times state that Isabella is a raving beauty! She adores that Ozzie and I were given male gender names! But, you, Baby Kitty, are her favorite of all!

Why???
You remind her of a cat she had throughout her High School years. Seems the neighbor gave her "pick of the litter". His name? Thom. NOT  Tom. . .as in Tom Cat . . . but Thom. A shortened version of  Thomas! She adored sophisticated names even in her youth!

So~o~o...naturally, when she received the invitation to attend your birthday party. . .she brought me along, also! It didn't take a lot of purr~suasion, though...I, myself, am quite smitten with you! 


Here's  what your owner had to say about the post  Pets Enhance Our Lives! Beyond her comment is the story of how I came to live with "Mr. Ed" and Pat.

Thank you for inviting us to your Eighth Birthday, Baby Kitty! I (we) look forward to many more posts with snapshots of Co~Hostess...Baby Kitty!

Purr~sonally,
Maurice


Confessions of a Plate Addict said...



Oh, Pat! I loved reading Maurice's story! She is indeed special! My Ozzie is another female with a male name...and an attitude! Wonder if there's a connection...sort of like a boy named Sue! lol Regards to Maurice from my staff!...hugs...Debbie



Pets Enhance Our Lives!

( A repost from March 23, 2011 @ On Crooked Creek!)


Maurice 2011

Our Princess, Maurice, has been a source of joy in our lives for nearly 10 years. Although she's NOT the friendly type. . .nor is she a lap cat. . .she tolerates me and l o v e s "Mr.Ed".


l o v e "Mr. Ed"!



Let me tell you how we got our cat . . .




Please be seated.


A former student of mine was playing with a stray calico kitten on the elementary school playground one Fall day in 2000. I cautioned her that we shouldn't play with the stray cat and to go join her friends at the climber. She did ~ with a bit of an "attitude".


I DO NOT look like THE WARREN KIMBLE CAT!

I had bus duty that evening. The buses were late coming from the High School. Another student confided in me my "attitude" student had gone around the building to get the stray cat. I summoned the help of another staff member, then I went to retrieve my wayward student. We met at the side of the building. I assumed the cat had left ~ she was empty handed.



Honestly, I didn't do a thing back there!


I learned a short while later my student had stuffed the cat into her back pack and taken it home to the farm. That would be the end of it. W R O N G! Cat ~ Napper, as "Mr. Ed" nicknamed my student, informed me my Christmas present would be a little late this year. She was giving me a kitten. Seems her napped cat was expecting! ! !



You can't . . .

see me. . .

I'm hiding!

"Mr. Ed" and I made a journey to the Cat ~Napper Farm during Spring Break 2001 and were honored to have "our pick of the litter". This beautiful little kitten with a white tip on its long, long tail came over. . .sat at my sandal feet and began licking. I picked it up and began to gently stroke, no purring. I tried to clean its nose. Through the giggles of Cat ~ Napper and her Mother, I was told it wasn't dirt, but a marking.


I work hard for my cat food. . .
so you'd better treat me right!



I took the kitten to the truck where "Mr. Ed" set waiting. I could hear ~ "NO's" ~ before I reached his open window. "I chose this one, but I might have to choose another. This one's broke." Again, giggles from the girls! Unenthused he replied, "Let me have it." As soon as he held the kitten, the purring was thunderous. I turned to Cat ~ Napper. . ."We'll take this one."


One Christmas present . . . ready to go!


Two weeks later, weened ~ we brought Maurice home. I never could get that correct on newborn kittens. I thought we had a male ~ thus Maurice ~ French for Morris. As in the famous Friskies Cat Food commercial ~ Morris the Cat. Turns out Maurice ~ is a female.



Now you see why I tolerate her!


Her mother a Calico. Her father a Siamese. A female with a male name.



Okay. . .let's get to the happyily ever after already!


Talk about CATTITUDE ~ Maurice definitely is a "cat with an attitude".



Me. . .attitude. . .please!

From the humble beginning of a farm cat born under the rabbit hutch. . .


A vision of loveliness. . .
Christmas 2010!
                  
to being called PRINCESS . . .



Princess,
Maurice 2011

Maurice has been such a source of joy in our lives!



Thank you for being such a receptive audience.


I wish you l o v e through the eyes of your pet!


Until next time. . .

25 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Pat! I loved reading Maurice's story! She is indeed special! My Ozzie is another female with a male name...and an attitude! Wonder if there's a connection...sort of like a boy named Sue! lol Regards to Maurice from my staff!...hugs...Debbie

Martha said...

Such a pretty cate and such a great story!!!

Our Cat was a black and white, also, called a "Tuxedo" cat!!! We had her 22 years!

Enjoy your Princess -- she seems to be loved and happy!

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Dear Pat,
Thank you so much for sharing Maurice's story with us...How funny are cats...we have 4 (4 to many if you ask me) and they are all very different in personality...They are all supposed to be outside "barn cats' but spend most of there time finding hiding holes in my house to sleep in.

She is a very blessed girl indeed to find such lovely ppl to own...She looks a wee bit spoilt maybe? lol

Would also like to say thank you for all your sweet comments, each one truly warms my heart and puts a smile on my face...I am a little over run lately with trying to get all the seeds in, plants planted etc for spring...I will be glad when they are all in the ground and all I have to do is water occasionally and enjoy watching them grow.

Hope you guys are seeing some warmer days and less snow these days...maybe a little bit of green sneaking thru?

Blessings Kelsie

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a sweet story. Princess Maurice is such a cutie. I'm so glad that there are people in this world with kind hearts that take in stray kittys and their kittens. :-)
I love happy endings.

Restoration House said...

What a lovely story. Maurice is adorable. I too have a girl who is not an affectionate lap cat, but she is such a part of our family. She is a little brown siamese cat who we rescued from the mission. She spent the first two months under my bed and took a year to make it down the stairs and another year to make it out to the family room. She doesn't like to be picked up but loves to jump up beside you for affection (that took about two years! I think others would have given up on her but you don't give up on your friends do you? Thanks for sharing!
Kim:)

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

Ahhh...your princess Maurice is adorable! I loved reading her story...how very sweet, my friend! We are cat people too! We have had many a kitty come through our doors...never a dog (although they are sweet furbabies too!). Our old tomcat "Weirdo" has been missing for about 3 wks. now and we are beginning to worry. He has gone off for long periods before so we are hoping that it is just one of those times. He really is the sweetest natured kitty...very lovable! I'm missing him. Hopefully he will come home soon!

Well dear friend, I just loved all of your photos of Maurice! You can see cat-atude written all over him! Hehe!

Warmest spring wishes,
Chari

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

what a prettie kitty! one of my cats adores my husband too! I have one of them sitting on my lap right now!

bj said...

Such a pretty cat.
We had dogs all the time the kids were growing up...not now, tho. We live in town with a small back yard..not a good thing for a dog.
Never had cats but one grandson has 3. OMGoodness....:))

Designs on 47th Street said...

Oh how I enjoyed reading this post! I adore cats and am especially fond of black and whites since that is what my precious Maggie is! Loved the story.
thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment about the baby shower. :)
Donna

podso said...

What a great story! Reminds me of our dear Meshach we lost just over a year ago (to old age) who was a girl dog with a boy's name!

And yes, I remember sewing those dresses when I was learning to sew. Things do come back around, and it's fun to be old enough to watch this. I had coffee with a young woman the other day who had her blue jeans rolled up...slightly different than the way we did it at that age, but it was nothing new. I didn't tell her though. :-)

Divine Theatre said...

That student, the catnapper, is my absolute HERO! I hope I raise my daughter to be defiant for the right reasons!
We have six formerly stray kitties. The last one to come in is Frannie. It took me three years to gain her trust. I did not know if she was male or female so I named her/him Franis/Frances, after St. Francis.
Frannie it is! Come and see my new post about her adventures in Narnia!
Your beloved kitty looks like my little gentleman, Atticus. He was severely injured when he came to our door. the vet surmises it was from abuse. he is the most lovable little man! (My Atticus, not the vet, though he is nice! LOL!)
I am your newest follower. Thank you for the kind words about the table I painted, posted on Mary's blog!

Andie

Mary Ann said...

I am catless for the first time in 30 years. What a wonderful story about a wonderful cat! How lucky you are to have her in your lives!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh my goodness this is such an adorable post!. I enjoyed reading every word of it! We have three cats so I know what you mean about attitude.

Char said...

Hello Pat, that's a great story and a great find. She is precious, Char

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

We have three cats and I love, love, love them!! So purry and sweet. I love it when cat's have that special attitude that only cats can pull off!! Maurice looks adorable.

Sarahx

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

What a wonderful story!!! I am so glad yopu got the pick of the litter from the CAT NABBER:):):) Maurice is beautiful. On anopther note, thanks for the advice on the driveway. Maybe our insurance wioll cover some of it. We were planning on replacing the driveway after the tree work anyway, that is why we had the trees done first. XO, Pinky

Terriea Kwong said...

Beautiful Maurice. I love black&white cats so much. He's gorgeous.
Have a nice weekend.
Terrie from Hong Kong

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Pat! I enjoyed reading Maurice's story again! My Ozzie does indeed feel that they are kindred souls...saddled with boy names! I'd have an attitude, too! lol And Miss Maurice does looks so much like Kitty...even down to the smudge on the nose! Thanks so much for coming to Baby Kitty's par-tay and for the birthday wishes! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

victorian parlor II said...

What a beautiful post!

Blessings,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Pat,
What a wonderful post! I love Maurice's story.
See you at the par-tay!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a sweet story! So glad Maurice could join the party for Baby Kitty!

Sarah said...

Maurice is a cutie. Loved reading her story. What a pretty cat, indeed!

Romeo said...

WOW! What a heart warming story!! Maurice is indeed beautiful! And it would appear that she decided immediately that Mr. Ed would be hers ;) Who says we choose the cat? THEY choose us!

Purrs and contentment all the days of your life,

"Her" and Romeo

The Sweetbrier Cottage said...

Thanks for visiting our blog! We really enjoyed Maurice's story and her markings are so beautiful, especially the nose and tail spots. Great story!

bj said...

Hi, Pat..thanks for coming by tonight. Always love a visit from you. :))
xo bj