The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Dreary Days on the Prairie. . .

Just another dreary day on the prairie. . .
                                                        So~o~o. . .I baked some cookies!



One of my most enjoyable magazines is Tea Time magazine. While browsing the January / February 20111 edition, I came across a recipe for cashew cookies. I crave anything with cashews! ! !
"Mr. Ed" just likes nuts!



All the required ingredients are, basically, those in every household pantry.








. . . and, yes, it makes 2 dozen cookies!



. . . 2 dozen cashew cookies!



M~m~m~. . .
what better way to chase away a dreary day on the prairie than Cashew Cookies Under Glass?




Tea Time magazine photo. . .



On Crooked Creek photo. . .



Two dozen cashew cookies . . . divided.



Chasing away . . .



dreary days . . .



                                                                                  . . . on the prairie!




Until next time. . .

8 comments:

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Oh they look so yummy... love nuts in my cookies too...I hope you get some sunshine soon.

Blessings Kelsie

Martha said...

I love both Tea Time Magazine and cashews as well -- I guess I missed that recipe in my magazine or overlooked it!!!

Your cookies look good enough to eat!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I'd pick yours oveer the magazine pictures any time!! They look much more chewy and moist. Making my mouth water!!!

What a great recipe though - thank you so much for sharing it!

Sarahx

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love your sweet recipe for your cookies with nuts so Yummy with a cup of hot tea !!Im your newest follower on your Blog. I hope you can come join me also with my Tablescapes~~I hope you and your family have a nice Day!!!
Diane

bj said...

May I just say,OH HONEY !
I love cashews with a passion and so does Mr. Sweet.
I will be making these very soon..and thanks so much for the recipe.
xo bj

bj said...

OMword...I just checked to see if I was following you and, I WASN'T...but am NOW. :)
That happens to me a lot. I think I am linked but I'm not. Too many things on my mind, I guess...surely it ISN'T a senior moment!! :)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Yummy, Pat!
I love that you put these delicious sounding Cashew cookies under glass. Doesn't that make them so fancy! I have picked up "Tea Time" once in a while. I think everything looks so pretty in that mag. And so do your cookies!
ox Yvonne

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Pat! Those cookies look so yummy! I scrolled down and had a peek at Miss Maurice...so cute! They don't like having their space invaded, do they? Lovely table for two! Happy weekend...hugs...Debbie