The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Isn't It Romantic?


On Crooked Creek will be joining our hostess, Susan @ Between Naps On the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Please stop by and view what the ladies have prepared for our inspiration.



Dear Ones, I'm a romantic ~
a hopeless romantic.

So . . .
in the hopes that our winter weather would hold off over new Year's Eve. . .
I set a romantic table for "Mr. Ed" and I.

By repositioning the table and removing two chairs,
an intimate dining atmosphere was created.

It worked!




To achieve the allure of romance, I began with the chandelier. The return of ivory silk lampshades, with ivory beaded taper candle rings at the base of each lighted taper, set the backdrop of ambient lighting. Next, I added five vintage chandelier crystals to sheer white ribbon at varying heights. The faux crystal garland adds another dimension of shimmering light to our otherwise dreary days here on the prairie.





The white snowflake tablecloth will stay on our table from New Year's Eve through Valentine's Day. The evident polyester fabric gives off a lustrous shimmer. Combination  lighting makes the tablecloth appear to glisten ~ like freshly fallen snow on a sun filled day.
I chose a damask chartreuse runner placed in
 serpentine fashion along the center of the table.



Single silver candlesticks were added as an extension to the centerpiece. Lower height adds enchantment and allows a glimpse of my beloved from across the table.





A silver tray was added in the center for another reflection of light. Highlighting the three arm candelabra and surrounded with a rhododendron bouquet filled condiment container, a silver lidded crystal jar and three shabby chic birds romance abounds On Crooked Creek!








Aqua blue, gold rimmed vintage dinnerware lends ethereal ambiance with the use of silver chargers. The addition of Gold Crown salad plate and soup bowl from Lifetime China Co. of Alliance, Ohio re~establishes the romance with gold filigree.



So. . .
here On Crooked Creek, this second New Year's Eve together, sat the two of us. Gazing upon each other as we dinned by candlelight. The classical selection of Unforgettable playing ever so softly in the background caused us to linger longer than usual.

Ah~h~h. . .

There was a touch,
                                             a kiss,
                                                                   a warm embrace. . .

a Happy New Year, my love!


Now, isn't that romantic?


Until next time. . .

26 comments:

Melanie said...

I have to say that my favorite thing is the silver platter. I love it. Lovely table!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Very pretty Pat, Thanks for coming by for BJ's birthday party..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

What a beautiful, ROMANTIC table you have set! I know Mr. must have really appreciated all your efforts! Happy 2011!!!!! Thanks for stopping by! XO, Pinky PS, love your snowflake tablecloth! Do you remember where you got it?????

On Crooked Creek said...

Pinky,
The snowflake tablecloth was a thrifty find at a local Flea Market (in July 2010) for $5! There's no tag on it. .. so I have no idea where it came from. No stains, no iron. . .but it is really polyester. I'm thinking late 1960's early 1970's! It's the type that snaps you when you take it out of the dryer! HA! Thanks for stopping by On Crooked Creek today!
Fondly,
Pat

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Isn't it romantic? You set the perfect mood to start the New Year and a whole lot more!!!!!

Beautiful use of white, black and those Gorgeous plates!
What a romantic table!
Yvonne

Dianne said...

Beautiful. I really love the china and what you did with the chandelier.

ellen b said...

Romantic indeed! Love the table you put together. I'm really loving those napkins. The addition of the black is very nice.

Sarah said...

Beautiful aqua plates, and you know I'm loving the black and white check. Your table is lovely and definitely romantic.

Marlis said...

Happy romance! You captured it perfectly. I love those dishes!!

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Hi Pat,
This is indeed a romantic setting...I love all your little details and how you reflected and played with the light, from drop crystals to silver tray, truly inspired...I love a round table and can't wait to add a small one to my home...Just need to figure out where...Seeing yours set for such a lovely intimate evening, just makes me want one even sooner.

Blessings Kelsie

Unknown said...

Yes very romantic! I just love your blue china too... so pretty!

Rainey

Chubby Chieque said...

Absolutely romantic. I am also a hopeless romantic and I know what you want to share.

I love it all...
Greetings from freezing Stockholm,
/chie

Unknown said...

Very pretty table. Love the shade of blue on the china. The flowers are perfect. Very romantic and so happy it was successful. Have a great day.
CareyAnn

bj said...

OMGosh, Pat...I hope you didn't get pregnant.!!! :)))

Your table is just beautiful and I do love your chandy, all dressed up for romance.
hugs, bj

Barbara said...

Romantic, indeed! I just love your blue china - such a beautiful color. My favorite was that gorgeous silver tray with all the lovlies upon it.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Pat...yes, very romantic! What a pretty tablescape! And a belated Happy New Year...I'm up to my elbows in grandchildren! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

MFEO2009 said...

Wow! How beautiful and sweet :o) Loved it!

Donnie said...

You did a beautiful job. Everything is just lovely.

podso said...

It is beautiful, Pat! And so romantic. I love your dishes.

Scribbler said...

I love a love story! Happy New Year and many more together.

Marigene said...

Lovely romantic table...the china is a gorgeous color.
Happy New Year, Pat!

Kathleen said...

The table is very pretty! And your description is very romantic! ♥

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh yes -- this is a very pretty and romantic tablesetting. Love those pretty aqua dishes.

Karen said...

Your china is so lovely, what a great shade of blue. I'd like to see your tablescape once Easter/spring comes around. The dishes would be ideal for a spring brunch.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Very romantic! Love the blue!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table, Pat!