The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Tidings Of Great Joy!


On Crooked Creek is joining our hostess Marty@ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday. In these final days before the celebration of our Savior's birth, I want to share with you this special Christmas display which is held in our hearts all year through. It is my wish that you will be blessed by your visit with us today!


Tidings of Great Joy!

9) "Then the angel of the Lord stood before them and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.



10) But the angel said to them,
Do not be afraid; for see - - - I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people:



11) to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord."
       Luke 2: 9-11



9) "When they had heard the king, they set out; and there, ahead of them, went the star that they had seen at it's rising, until it stopped over the place where the child was.




10) When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy."
        Matthew 2:9




13) "And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying,
"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom he favors."
       Luke 2:13


May God richly and abundantly bless you and all those whom you love during this blessed Christmas. In keeping with giving thanks for my many blessings On Crooked Creek, I count all of you who read this post. . . 





from "Mr. Ed" and I. . .have a Merry Christmas!

Until next time. . .



10 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a pretty vignette and what a beautiful post. I love seeing the Lord honored on his Birthday. Thanks so much for linking to TTT and I hope you have a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a beautiful vignette and of course wonderful message. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Martha said...

A very pretty tabletop. Don't you just love Christmas things!

bj said...

I have been blessed by your lovely photos and post. Thank you, sweet lady.

I hope you get something for Christmas that takes your breath away...:))
I have been gathering things for almost a year to redo a guest bedroom and I have told SANTA several times that I sooo am wanting the comforter to make it all come together. I've told him where to go on line to order it...but...alas...nothing large has been delivered....as yet. If I DO get it...I will be breathless because I've wanted it so long....
Don't you just adore gifts that take your breath away? I guess you never get too old to...feel the magic of Christmas.
lots of hugs and kisses,
xo bj

SmilingSally said...

Just beautiful, Pat!

Blessed Christmas, my blogging friend!

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

What a lovely and inspirational post. With all the hustle and bustle it's easy to loose sight of the reason we celebrate. Reading the scriptures reminds us of the joyous day of our Lord's birth. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Also thank you for stopping by my blog! Hugs!

HollyC said...

This was a truly beautiful post! I love your vignettes. They are lovely and the message clear and wonderful! Thank you for sharing. Happy TTT and Merry Christmas!
~Holly

Unknown said...

Hello again Pat. I just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm now a Friend/Follower and You will find yourself on my sidebar Blog List.
Now that we know where we are in Blogland, let's not be strangers!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pat...

My friend, your sweet post sooo touched my heart...Jesus is truly the reason for this season! What a beautiful vignette and it really does tell the wonderful story of our Savior's birth! Thank you for sharing the Scripture and your beautiful home with us!

Well my dear, I also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my Christmas dining room! I always love when you come for a visit and your sweet notes always brighten my day! Thank you, Pat!

Warmest wishes and blessings to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas!

Chari @ Happy To Design

PS...I was looking through your last post as well! I love your new chairs...they're gorgeous! What a wonderful (early) Christmas gift! I'm sooo happy for you, sweet lady!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How lovely -- Wishing you and Mr. Ed a Christmas wilh peace in your hearts and a new year overflowing with God's grace and blessings!