The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Count Your Many Blessings!

Dear Ones, the stanzas to Count Your Blessings have been running through my head, especially this time of year. If I were to count my blessings and name them one~by~one this page could not hold their contents! I have, truly, been richly and abundantly blessed.



As you may have previously read, we vary hosting holidays On Crooked Creek with our son. The tablescape is from Thanksgiving 2009. This year we will join our son and daughter~in~law at their home.




The place settings have been set. I'm using my favorite faux fruit as place card holders. The little white vases were purchased by my dear husband as a 40th Wedding Anniversary gift when we visited Nell Hill's Summer Open House! They will be filled with fresh flowers. . .soon.



Instead of passing the responsibility around the table for someone to volunteer to give thanks. . .on this Thanksgiving Day, I used the poem A Thanksgiving Prayer by Doris Land Mueller. Dividing the four stanzas among us allowed for all to partake of the blessing before our meal.

A Thanksgiving Prayer
We cannot thank you, God, enough
For all the gifts you give,
For life and breath, for joy and song
That fill each day we live.

With gratitude this special day
Our praise goes up to you
For loved ones whom we cherish,
For all they are and do.

Lord, thank you for companionship
With those who share this meal;
The ones not gathered here with us,
Let them Thy blessings feel.

And now, oh heavenly spirit,
Descend on us, we pray;
Teach us to share the gifts we have
Today and every day.  Amen.

Doris Land Muelller



Today, On Crooked Creek, as I name them one~by~one, I'll be adding the names of my blogland friends to my many blessings. Truly, I have been surprised by what the Lord hath done when I entered the ranks of blogger. You have blessed me in numerous ways. From lurker~to~blogger. . .I thank you for your encouragement, inspiration and patience, but more importantly, for your friendship.

Today, I'm joining a new friend, Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for her Tabletop Tuesday. Please stop by and be inspired by all the lovely post. . .you are sure to be blessed!

Until next time. . .

10 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a beautiful tablescape, and your poem is perfect. It really does say it all. We are all so blessed and blogging friends are indeed among our many special blessings. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs, marty

Sonny G said...

Hi Pat..

your table setting is truly beautiful..

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Pat! I love your tablescape...so pretty! Those napkins and placemats are gorgeous! I scrolled down to catch up a little...and I LOVE the story of your "old Christmas tree!" Thanks for the tip on the moss ribbon! I am sorry poor Maurice had to learn the hard way! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!...hugs..Debbie

Jodie said...

Can I just say Wow! I love how you decorated your table last year. I wish you could come by and give me a hand! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words! I will be stopping by yours often. I love your style of decorating. I need all the help I can get. :) Any photography help you need just drop me a line. I am happy to help!

Melanie said...

What a beautiful post. We all have much to be thankful for. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janean said...

frisk me before i leave here because that white pumpkin is calling my name! LOL.

it's all truly lovely, pat! glad you had a good thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
On Crooked Creek said...

Dear Anonymous,
Something on the setting of your computer is not allowing your message to come through. It appears as if you're in editing mode. Please check your settings and try again! I cherish your comments and don't intend to eliminate you from my post. Thank you for your understanding in this matter!
Fondly,
Pat

Barb said...

Hi Pat, oooooo, so lovely. Just a delight.

Thank you for your sweet comment and visit to Bella Vista.

You are such a dear soul.

Blessings, Barb